Known issues and fixes in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- We fixed an issue causing File Explorer to freeze when interacting with video files in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain x86 apps and games having blurry text rendering in the last few flights, where the text appeared to have a shadow.
- If you were seeing certain games fail to launch with an error citing unexpected kernel modification detected, please check the games for available updates and let us know if you encounter further issues.
- When you hover over the navigation pane in Start, after a short period it will now automatically expand. This is something that a portion of Insiders have had for a little bit now, and after finding positive results we’re now rolling it out to all Insiders.
- We’re adding a shadow to Action Center, to match the shadow seen along the borders of our other taskbar flyouts.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users not being able to set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or via Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the context menu not coming up when right-clicking an open app in Task View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not working correctly when trying to type Chinese with the Bopomofo IME.
- We made some improvements in the Narrator and Chrome browser experience.
- Narrator Scan Mode will more reliability toggle off when a user reaches the Word Online canvas, making it easier to type.
- We fixed a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC was set up to dual boot in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check / green screen on resume from hibernate.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Network button on the sign-in screen not working recently.
- [ADDED 11/14] We fixed an issue resulting in some users noticing the update status cycling between Getting Things Ready, Downloading, and Installing (often accompanied with error 0x8024200d caused by a failed express package download).
- [ADDED 11/14] We’ve updated the Start and Taskbar jump lists to now have a touch of Fluent Design.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not display correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password or PIN, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
- Due to a merge conflict, the settings for enabling/disabling Dynamic Lock are missing from Sign-in Settings. We’re working on a fix, appreciate your patience.
- Settings crashes when clicking on the “View storage usage on other drives” option under System > Storage.
- Remote Desktop will only show a black screen for some users.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
The post Known issues and fixes in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282 appeared first on Enterinit - enter in Microsoft IT world.