Are you looking for an easy and cute craft? This is the craft for you, then! It takes 5 minutes and no artistic ability whatsoever. Let's get started!
- Before you make the actual craft, take a piece of construction paper, trace your hand (or have a friend do it for you) and cut it out.
- Next, take another sheet of construction paper and fold it in half. You want to be precise when folding, or the card may turn out wrong.
- Get your hand you cut out earlier. Place it on the paper with the fingers pointing toward the creased side of the paper. Angle it slightly to your left, and trace it.
- After it is traced, cut the hand out, including the gap between the hand's thumb and index finger.
- Unfold the hand. If done correctly, there should appear to be two hands, and in the middle, (the "blank space") a heart.
- Trim the sides. You may have missed a few spots, and want to trim them off afterwards. If there happens to be a missed space in the heart, fold it up again and then trim.
- When you're done, leave a message inside, decorate, or do nothing at all.
- Both "normal" and "crazy" scissors work on the craft, however, if you decide to use crazy scissors, you may accidentally end up cutting the fingers off.
- If you wish, you can glue a different colored heart in the space where the blank heart would be. Simply make the new heart a bit bigger than the space, re-fold the card, and glue to the edges.
- When you go to trace the pre-made hand, you'll notice that at the angle you're pointing the hand at, the fingers are hanging off the edge. That's normal, and it's even recommended that if you plan on using it again or if others will be using it (ex.- class craft), you might as well cut the fingertips off while the hand is on the paper and line the hand up with the fold.
EditThings You'll Need
- Construction Paper
- Markers or Pens (optional)
- Make Cards for Valentine's Day
- Make a Crochet and Paper Valentine Card
- Make a Felt Heart Card