- Masoor Dal – 1 cup
- Vegetables – 1 cup (Desired vegetables cut in cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium size (Cut in cubes. It’s optional and can be avoided)
- Curry leafs – few
- Coriander leafs – for Garnish
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size (Soaked in water for ½ hour)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Split Black Gram dal – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Dry red Chilli – 2 (broken in half’s)
- Asafotida – 2pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Samber powder – 2-3 tsp
- Wash and cook masoor dal with two cups of water and turmeric powder either in pressure cooker or in an open pan. ( Since masoor dal doesn’t take time to get cooked therefore can be cooked in an open pan too)
- Now heat a wide mouth pan and add oil into it.
- After oil get heated up, add mustard, broken black gram, fenugreek, and dry chilli.
- Once mustard seeds are cracked, add curry leaves and asafetida.
- Now put vegetables and cubed onion to oil.
- Add salt to vegetables and cook till veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, extract Tamarind Juice and keep it outside.
- Once veggies are thunder add tamarind juice and samber powder to veggies and cook this in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mashed the cooked masoor dal and add to it.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leafs and serve with hot rice.