Quality Audio experience is the most desirable feature of any home stereo system. Any device that helps boost the sound quality to hi-fi can drastically improve your audio experience. It can transform the experience of movies, sports, and games while in the comfort of your house. You need the best home stereo systems to match your TV requirements and significantly amplify the audio signal of your TV. Capabilities like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Amazon Alexa are also desirable features when it comes to a new generation stereo system.
Here are some of the best home stereo systems that can improve your audio experience and match the video quality of your TV.
Best Home Stereo System – Comparative Table
|1. Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
Buy on Amazon
|2. Klipsch R-51PM
Buy on Amazon
|3. Sharp XL-BH250
Buy on Amazon
|4. Edifier S1000DB
Buy on Amazon
|5. Denon D-M41 HiFi System
Buy on Amazon
|6. Edifier USA e25 HD Luna Eclipse
Buy on Amazon
|7. Polk Audio T50
Buy on Amazon
Best Home Stereo Systems – Our Reviews and Comparisons
1. Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
Bose makes products that are of audiophile quality. If you like cranking up the volume to the loudest then you will love Bose devices. The Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV doesn’t disappoint when it comes to the loudness factor. Besides exceptional sound detail, the speaker houses Bose Wave speaker technology that delivers high-quality audio lacking any distortion.
- The SoundTouch Music System efficiently captures the signature sound quality and tone of all other Bose devices.
- The unit has a solid and enjoyable stereo and is suitable for all music genres.
- It is equipped with Waveguide speaker technology to help deliver room-filling sound that you would expect only from higher-end speakers.
- The Wave SoundTouch IV can be used hands-free with any Alexa-enabled device. You can choose a playlist, change the volume, shift tracks and find out what is playing using voice integration.
- Two slightly angled drivers make sure the audio fills the room and is clear and articulate at the same time.
- The Bose SoundTouch emits crisp and clean highs and mids. While the base is fine it can be improved.
- You can stream your music over Bluetooth. Other connectivity options include ⅛-Inch AUX, USB, and WiFi with an Ethernet port.
What We Like About Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
The SoundTouch system can easily fill a room with its sound and is capable of producing loud music with no distortion.
What We Don’t Like About Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
It is confusing to set up the device. It takes a few hours to set up the system and to learn how to use it.
- Decent bass
- Well balanced sound
- Initial set up is tough
- Wi-fi connectivity is problematic
2. Klipsch R-51PM
Many music lovers own and boast about the Klipsch R-51M speaker. If you are looking for an upgrade, have a look at its successor the R-51PM. The R-51PM exhibits improved sound quality, ability, and input compared to its predecessor. This upgraded version enhances the users’ experience without sacrificing any specifications from the older model. Built to deliver deep bass at an affordable price range, this speaker can be a great music device that can satisfy the audio needs of a small house.
- This device is fitted with Klipsch’s horn tweeters and copper-colored woofers. This contributes to a well-balanced sound profile that is incomparable to its older twin.
- To deliver an attractive performance the system’s power lies at 120W peaking at 140W.
- The system is also equipped with ultra-low noise amplifiers designed to maximize the efficiency of the device. These inbuilt amplifiers eliminate the need for an external amplifier.
- The speakers possess dynamic bass allowing you to hear the lower bass frequencies clearly.
- The Klipsch R-51PM features a USB to connect to your computer and an optical input for your TV.
- Other inputs include a 3.5mm aux, phono, or line input for connecting a turntable, and a subwoofer port in case you wish to add a subwoofer.
What We Like About Klipsch R-51PM
Equipped with ultra-low noise amplifiers, the device can dish out a dynamic sound with deep bass.
What We Don’t Like About Klipsch R-51PM
The phono stage lacks depth and therefore, sounds flat.
- Ultra-low noise amplifiers
- Dynamic deep bass
- Phono stage isn’t great
3. Sharp XL-BH250
The Sharp XL-BH250 is a versatile stereo system that caters to the needs of both young and adult listeners. For those people who harbor a large collection of CDs spanning decades, this unit can be an incredible gift. Equipped with five-disc slots you can now easily shift between Fleetwood Mac, John Mayer, Elton John, Sam Cooke, and Bob Marley for a unique mix. If you wanna blast out some Cardi B, just stream it over Bluetooth from your phone, TV, or computer.
- Sharp XL-BH250 is a complete music package with a great range of features including USB MP3 playback, Bluetooth, 5 disc changer, CE, and a digital AM/FM tuner.
- The AM/FM tuner has more than 40 presets and the disc player can play both CD-R and CD-RW.
- The device houses a ⅛-inch AUX, USB, and Bluetooth with NFC input, to satisfy all modern requirements of the music.
- This is a 3-piece home stereo system that is equipped with a receiver and 2 x 4” speakers. The speakers can produce up to 25W RMS.
- Even at just 25W of power, the XL-BH250 is capable of loud bassy music which can fill small to medium-sized living spaces.
- The bass is clean and packs a punch. The mid-range and treble are also clean with a good balance. The stereo system is great for movie sessions as well.
- The remote control accompanying the package will let you operate the speakers from anywhere in the room.
What We Like About Sharp XL-BH250
This unit is ergonomically designed and can easily fit under your TV or in your living room without taking up much space.
What We Don’t Like About Sharp XL-BH250
The remote control response is slow.
- Decent Bass
- AM/FM radio with 40 stations presets
- 5 disc changer
- Warranty issues
4. Edifier S1000DB
Edifier is a giant in the audio industry. The company has made a huge impact in the audio world with its loudspeakers, headphones, and other audio equipment. The S1000DB is one of the best home stereo systems that can dish out deep bass. Featuring a simple yet attractive design, this speaker system is built to increase the projection and spread of the sound. It weighs 18 pounds and therefore is not lightweight.
- The S1000DB is a budget range speaker built to deliver powerful and enhanced sound.
- It is equipped with a 5.5-inch woofer for producing deep bass sound. The combination of woofers and the rear port are the main contributors to the low-frequency deep bass sound.
- Apart from the woofers, the device has a dome tweeter that is capable of producing a powerful mid-range. The tweeter and the woofer together utilize Digital Sound Processing(DSP) which allows you to dish out music at 120 watts over several hours without a problem.
- The system is also fitted with the aptX codec system. This ensures that the device can deliver high-definition audio over a Bluetooth connection.
- Other connections to external sources include RCA and AUX sockets for connecting TV or PC, optical and coaxial connections, and inter-speaker connections.
What We Like About Edifier S1000DB
The most favorite feature of the S1000DB is that it delivers powerful sound with deep bass at an affordable cost.
What We Don’t Like About Edifier S1000DB
The device does not have Wi-Fi streaming capability.
- Deep bass
- Tone controls for fine-tuning the sound
- No Wi-Fi streaming
5. Denon D-M41 HiFi System
The Denon D-M41 HiFi System is the sibling of the award-winning model DM30 from the same company. DM30 has had changes over the years with every new model beating its predecessor. Keeping up with the trend, Denon has enforced a definite improvement in terms of audio quality. The company has also replaced the USB audio input with a Bluetooth button which makes the machine user-friendly.
- Denon has fitted the unit with the most used connections including analogue input and two digital optical ports.
- Other connectivity options include a subwoofer output, an aerial connection for FM and DAB radio, and two pairs of binding posts.
- This is a mini stereo unit built with a wider soundstage possessing insightful and expressive dynamics.
- Sporting a well-balanced tone, the rhythm changes are smooth.
- To avoid distortion at higher volumes, Denon has simplified circuitry, shortened signal paths, and separated analogue and digital circuits.
What We Like About Denon D-M41 HiFi System
The system is an upgrade for all your music listening sessions and is capable of dishing out clear and crisp sounds with perfect tonal character.
What We Don’t Like About Denon D-M41 HiFi System
You can’t adjust bass/treble/balance except through the remote.
- Clear audio
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Limited tone control options
6. Edifier USA e25 HD Luna Eclipse
Built with spectacular looks, the Edifier USA e25 HD Luna Eclipse is a great stereo unit for the money. Coupled with powerful amplification and hidden passive radiators, the speakers can dish out decent bass. This is an oval-shaped device that can set your room roaring with bassy tracks adding to its powerful kick drums.
- Edifier has fitted the speakers with DSP (digital signal processing) and DRC (dynamic range compression) which allows the music to have a wide soundstage.
- The e25 offers a well-balanced sound with clean mids and highs.
- The midrange sounds open and clear with the music sounding realistic comparable to a high-end speaker.
- The bass is deep and strong owing to the passive radiator design.
- The speaker is quick to respond with midrange and bass in lock-step at all times.
What We Like About Edifier USA e25 HD Luna Eclipse
The tweeters help the system to eliminate distortion at high volume levels.
What We Don’t Like About Edifier USA e25 HD Luna Eclipse
Not good for gaming as advertised by Edifier.
- Eye-catching design
- Good bass
- Clean and crisp sound
- Limited input options
- Cable required for stereo operation
7. Polk Audio T50
If you’re looking for an impressive floor tower to kickstart or upgrade your home theatre system, check out the Polk T50. This tower speaker features a one-inch, silk dome tweeter, a 6.5-inch midrange driver, and two 6.5-inch passive radiators to improve the tower’s bass response.
- Easy to set up, the T50 comes fully assembled and doesn’t include floor spikes.
- The enclosure is made of acoustic-neutral MDG material to reduce audio distortion and resonance. This promotes clean, clear audio while watching movies or listening to music.
- The T50 supports both Dolby and DTS 5.1 channel audio and can be used with other Polk speakers to build a true surround sound home theatre system, significantly improving your movie viewing experience. Surround sound will also help to improve your gaming experience if you have devices like Xbox connected to your TV.
- These tower speakers can be used with almost any AV receiver and can perfectly fit in small to mid-sized rooms.
- The total frequency response of the device is 38Hz – 24kHz while the sensitivity is measured at 90 dB.
What We Like About Polk Audio T50
The machine is compatible with almost any receiver.
What We Don’t Like About Polk Audio T50
Binding posts require easier access.
- Excellent Bass
- Detailed Mid-Range
- Impedance is slightly low
From the above-mentioned list of home stereo systems, according to us, the best home stereo system is the Wave SoundTouch IV, from the luxury audio manufacturer Bose. This is a versatile home audio system that makes it easier than ever before to play CDs, listen to the radio or stream your favorite music. It also supports your favorite streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
A Home theatre system is only a necessity when you have z TV with low audio quality. In case you have a large HD TV, even then, building a home stereo system around proves useful. This is because it significantly improves the audio experience. If you watch movies a lot and also play games on your TV screen, we suggest that you go for a home stereo system that has surround sound capability. If you are an audiophile, make sure to check the wattage and go for units that have the power to dish out clean lows, mids, and highs.
The post Best Home Stereo Systems to Improve Your Audio Experience appeared first on Music Authority.
Best Home Stereo Systems to Improve Your Audio Experience was first posted on April 9, 2021 at 3:48 am.
©2019 "Music Authority". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]