One thing that is common for all people in the world is that time does leave its mark on every one of us. Aging implies the transformation of our body that most of us don’t like – wrinkles, changing hairlines, graying hair… the list is pretty long. Yet, something stays untouched by the time and recognizable even after decades.
That “something” is hard to define and it’s specific for every individual. Maybe we can call it the substance of personality or individual’s nature?
Photographer Jan Langer tried to capture that “something” in his latest project called “Faces Of Century”. The series of photographies includes over a dozen Czech centenarians. Their pictures of when they were Young are compared with the ones when they were over 100 years old. Scroll down the gallery and you’ll see how it’s easy to recognize that never-changing something even after seven or eight decades.
“This set of comparative photos explores the similarities and the differences in appearance and in physiognomy. The characteristics of personality change throughout life but it seems as if individual nature remains rooted in the abyss of time,” writes Langer about the project.
More info: janlanger.net (h/t)
1. Marie Burešová, 23 Years Old (Wedding), 101 Years Old
2. Antonín Kovář, 25 Years Old (Bandmaster Of His Own Band), 102 Years Old
3. Vlasta Čížková, 23 Years Old (Finished Girl High School), 101 Years Old
4. Marie Fejfarová, Her Personal History Was Burnt; On The Right 101 Years Old
5. Antonín Baldrman, 17 Years Old (Skilled Locksmith), 101 Years Old
6. Prokop Vejdělek, 22 Years Old (Oath Of Enlistment), 101 Years Old
7. Anna Pochobradská, Around 30 Years Old, 100 Years Old
8. Bedřiška Köhlerová, 26 Years Old (Wedding), 103 Years Old
9. Vincenc Jetelina, 30 Years Old (Finished His House), 105 Years Old
10. Stanislav Spáčil, 17 Years Old (Skilled Electrician), 102 Years Old
11. Ludmila Vysloužilová, 23 Years Old (Gift For Her Fiancé), 101 Years Old
12. Anna Vašinová, 22 Years Old (After Wedding), 102 Years Old
13. Ludvík Chybík, 20 Years Old (Skilled Confectioner), 102 Years Old
The post Young Vs Old Portraits Of People When They Were Young And Again At 100 Years Old appeared first on The Awesome Daily - Your daily dose of awesome.