Kidnapping seems to be the order of the day now. People who want to make quick money see it as an easy way. We all must have heard about the capture of the richest and most dangerous kidnapper Nigeria has ever witnessed by the Nigerian Police. The man named Evans arrested in his Magodo home.
Due to the harsh economic conditions in the country, coupled with the lack of adequate security, Kidnappers are thriving all over the country. From cases of Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram terrorists to young men abducting secondary school girls in Lagos, we all need to find smart ways we can Avoid these evil people.
So, what are the simple ways we apply to be safe from kidnapping as the trend is on the rise?
Most of these kidnappers work with information targeted at their victims. If they don't know you or your family members are rich, you probably won't be a target. Please note it’s good to have a sense of security and safety.
15 Ways To Avoid Kidnappers in Nigeria below:
1. Never use car stickers that say where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job, don't let show off kill you.
2. Avoid making your financial status public, don't be the one that jumps to the front of the church to make donations or the one pastor raves about.
3. When you attend parties, don't let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like the richest man in Africa, use an envelope.
4. Don't be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals - you don't need N50k in your wallet to feel like a big man. Employ cashless policy.
5. Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS. You really can memorise your bank balance. Always shred your POS/ATM receipts.
6. Don't go jogging while it's dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you have to, then get someone trusted as a company.
7. Always lock your doors, even if you're only going out to switch off your generator.
8. NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID outside your workplace. No one needs to know you work with SHELL, don't be stupid.
9. Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point, don't branch to GRA when you should be in Lekki.
10. As much as you can avoid it, don't send kids on an errand outside your house, they are soft targets.
11. Don't try to form the richest dude in the neighbourhood by flaunting your new Samsung S8 or the latest iPhone 8, or by making large donations in your estate meetings. Learn to be modest.
12. When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say "I can't spare that amount now". Stop doing Baba Olowo for the boys’ dem.
13. Don't stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.
14. Make safety the number one factor in your decision always.
15. Always watch your back especially when in a strange environment. Use of rear mirror while driving is encouraged. You can do that smartly without attracting attention.
God will keep and protect you as you also apply discretion.
Stay SAFE all the time..... Don’t take your security for granted.
Credit: Nairaland - http://www.nairaland.com/3856741/15-smart-ways-loved-ones