Welcome to another edition of Def Pen’s daily Fantasy breakdown series. Today I will break down two top plays at each position as well as give some other notable plays. I will be using FanDuel’s scoring system and lineup format as that is my personal preference.
- Mike Conley $7,800: Conley is averaging 43.5 FanDuel points per game over his last four contests. With a matchup against one of the worst teams in the NBA as well as going up against a poor defender in Jeremy Lin, expect his hot streak to continue.
- Stephen Curry $10,500: The Hawks are allowing the 8th most fantasy points to opposing point guards. In the games since Kevin Durant went down with his knee injury, Steph has shot 24 and 27 times, however, he has shot uncharacteristically poorly. If Curry can start connecting on these shots he could be the best play of the night.
Other Notable PG Plays: Ricky Rubio $6,900, Kemba Walker $8,200, Derrick Rose $6,500
- Klay Thompson $7,000: Klay being priced so low still is surprising. I would advise starting him as much as possible with more shots going to him with Durant’s injury as well as his ability to put up staggering fantasy numbers.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,800: The Greek freak’s ability to put up numbers other than points always make him one of the safer plays of the night as his floor is generally lower than guys who typically only score points. His matchup against the 76ers who have given up the 5th most fantasy points to opposing guards in their last 10 makes Giannis one of the top plays of the night.
Other Notable SG Plays: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $5,300, CJ McCollum $7,200, James Harden $11,900
- Kawhi Leonard $9,200: The Klaw is priced at $9,200 tonight, averaging 56.6(!!!!!!) over his last 3 games. If you need more convincing about Leonard, he’s playing against the Houston Rockets who give up 108.3 points per game.
- Khris Middleton $5,600: Middleton has the same matchup advantage that Giannis has tonight. A lot of his appeal tonight lies in his price tag, still being sub 6k due to being slightly restricted from his injury this past summer. With the kind of numbers, he is able to put up on a nightly basis he is an absolute steal (of which he’s had 7 of in his last 3 games).
Other Notable SF Plays: LeBron James $11,000, Jimmy Butler $9,100, Paul George $8,000
- Nikola Jokic $9,900: The Joker has put up over 45 FanDuel points in three straight contests, two of them being triple doubles. With Anthony Davis the highest priced PF of the night going up against a tough defense in the Utah Jazz, Jokic becomes my top PF play of the night.
- Willie Cauley-Stein $4,900: WCS is coming off a very impressive showing against the Utah Jazz where he put up 36.3 FanDuel points. His ability to put up fantasy numbers around the 40 point mark, along with his price still being sub 5k make him one of the best value plays of the night.
Other Notable PF Plays: Dario Saric $7,400, Paul Millsap $7,700, Draymond Green $8,200
- Jusuf Nurkic $5,900: It’s tough to ignore what Nurkic has been doing with his new team of the Blazers. Averaging 38.3 FanDuel points per game over his last three contests while still being sub 6k make Nurkic the closest thing to a lock play of the night for me.
- Greg Monroe $6,600: This is purely a matchup play for Monroe tonight, the 76ers are allowing the most fantasy points per game to opposing centers and do not expect that to improve with Embiid being ruled out for the rest of the season.
Other Notable C Plays: Rudy Gobert $7,600, Marc Gasol $8,100, Hassan Whiteside $8,700
As always with NBA daily fantasy make sure that you keep up with injuries/other breaking news before the lineups lock. If you have any questions, comments, concerns or want my updated lineup feel free to contact me on Twitter.
All stats and data courtesy of RotoWire and ESPN.
My Personal Lineup of the Night (note: subject to change based on news):
The post NBA Daily Fantasy Breakdown Monday 03/06/17: Don’t Kawhi if You Lose appeared first on Def Pen.