You might have dark Underarms and you don’t want to wear your favorite sleeveless gown. Dark underarms can be caused by skin discoloration or accumulation of dead cells. This can be corrected with some effective dark underarm remedies. These are some home remedies and tips for whitening dark underarms.
What causes dark underarms?
The solution to dark armpits is found by identifying the source. There are medication options if hormonal imbalance is the cause. Below are some of the most common causes of dark underarms.
- Serum Cortisol Levels Increase
The steroid compound serum cortisol can be found in the human body. It acts as a stress regulator hormone. A rise in serum cortisol could lead to darkening underarms or neck areas for women. The serum cortisol test can be used to determine if this is the cause of darkening underarms.
There is a lot of alcohol in antiperspirants and deodorants. This alcohol reacts with the skin and causes irritation underarms, causing the skin to burn. The result is discolored and darkened skin.
While shaving is an acceptable hygiene practice, it could also be one of the reasons for dark underarms. The topmost layer of skin is removed during shaving.
This exposes your skin to harmful substances and sweat, dust, and other foreign particles. These particles can easily cause skin irritation and burns.
- Hormonal Imbalance
Dark armpits can be caused by thyroid disorders or Polycystic Ovary Syndromes (PCOS). Darkened underarms could also be caused by birth control pills.
- Tight clothing can cause friction
Tight clothing that restricts breathing can cause irritation. This can lead to darkening underarms. Wear loose cotton clothing to avoid this. Synthetic clothing reacts harshly to the skin and can cause discoloration of the underarms.
Home remedies for dark underarms
There are many home remedies for dark underarms. Below are some of the options.
1. Baking soda
Baking soda is a great home remedy for underarm whitening that delivers amazing results. Baking soda works by unclogging the skin’s pores. It is easy to use.
- Combine four tablespoons of baking soda and one teaspoon of rosewater.
- Apply the cotton ball to your darkened underarms. Wash it off after five minutes.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Despite the fact that there is very little research, it has been shown that this oil can be used to treat dark spots. This oil can be used to treat dark spots on the skin.
- In a spray bottle, mix the Tea Tree Oil and water in the following proportions: 5:1:1.
- Spray this product on your underarms regularly and rinse with water.
The well-known bleaching agent is potatoes. They lighten dark spots by absorbing the pigment. Follow these steps to use potato to lighten dark underarms
- Take the juice out of the potato slice.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it to the underarms.
- After 10 minutes, rinse it with water.
4. Apple cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a long history of being used to remove darkness. This is how to use it
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar to a bowl. There will be some bubbling.
- Apply the paste to your underarms after the bubbling stops.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has long been known for its healing and cleansing properties. Research shows that aloe vera is good for glowing and clean skin. It lightens dark underarms . Follow these steps to use aloe vera for dark underarms
- Refrigerate the gel after removing it.
- This gel should be applied to your armpit for approximately 15 minutes.
Turmeric is antibacterial and it also heals the skin and body. This is how to use it
- One tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of turmeric, and one tablespoon of yogurt.
- This paste should be applied to darkened underarms for approximately 10 minutes.
- Use lukewarm to wash it off.
7. Multani Mitti
Multani mitti’s antibacterial and skin-enhancing properties are well-known. This is how to use it
- Add two tablespoons of Multani mitti to a bowl of warm water. Combine this with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to your underarms and massage for 10 minutes. Then, wash off with mild soap.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is well-known for its antibacterial and cleansing properties. This is how to use it
- Add some milk to a bowl.
- After 10 minutes, scrub your underarms. Rinse.
- Mix it with two tablespoons of alum powder.
- Place the paste on your underarms for approximately 15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm to wash it off.
Yogurt’s skin-improving properties are well-known. This is how to use it
- Combine two tablespoons of yogurt with one tablespoon of honey. Combine well.
- Tent for 10 minutes. It can be washed with cold water.
11. Orange Peels
Orange peels are able to remove dark spots from the skin. It could be used on underarms with darkened skin to lighten them. This is how to use it
- Mix the powdered orange peels with milk in a bowl to make a paste.
- This can be used on darkened armpits. Wash with cold water.
Rosewater is known to have anti-inflammatory properties for the skin. Rosewater has a pleasant odor. This is how to use it
- Combine one tablespoon of honey and rosewater with one teaspoon of turmeric
- Apply the paste to your armpits, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
13. Sunflower oil
Sunflower oil can be used
- Four tbsp sunflower oil and two tablespoons of almond oil.
- This should be massaged for 10 minutes on the armpits.
- Use lukewarm to wash it off.
Lifestyle Changes to Whiten Your Underarms
A few lifestyle choices can also lead to dark underarms. We will now look at some tips to lighten your underarms.
- Stop Smoking. According to research smoking can cause your skin to become darker due to nicotine’s effects on melanin pigment. Dark underarms can be treated by quitting smoking.
- Exfoliate. Underarm skin pores can often become clogged with foreign particles and dust. This can lead to darkening and dead skin.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Loose clothes allow your skin to breathe and provide space for your skin’s natural perspiration.
- Change your antiperspirant/deodorant. Dark spots can occur from alcohol burns to your skin.
Armpit Lightening Treatments
After analyzing dark underarms and understanding why the doctor will determine the medical treatment. The doctor may recommend one of the following treatments based on this information:
- Lotions and ointments containing Hydroquinone or Tretinoin.
- Laser therapy can remove pigments.
- Chemical peeling is a method of skin exfoliation. This can be done with alpha and beta-hydroxy acids.
- The process of microdermabrasion and dermabrasion can be used to cleanse the skin.
Penicillin is an oral medication that can be prescribed if you are diagnosed with erythrasma. There are also topical erythromycin or clindamycin options.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
There are many home remedies that can be used to treat dark underarms. While these therapies may work for some, they do not cure dark underarms. To get better advice, consult your doctor. This would allow you to treat the dark spots correctly.
How can you make your armpits glow?
Lightening the underarms could be achieved by removing the dead cells and using the correct medication. This could be done with baking soda, lemon juice, and potato juice.
How does Toothpaste get rid of dark underarms?
It can be used to quickly whiten your underarms because toothpaste contains bleaching agents. Use only white toothpaste, as colored ones can cause irritation.
Lemon is good for your underarms
Lemon is known for its exfoliating qualities and acidic nature, which can also be used as a bleaching agent. It could also be used to treat darkening armpits.
Can I leave Aloe Vera Gel in my Armpit Overnight?
No. After application, wait 5-10 minutes before removing the Aloe Vera gel. Skin irritation may occur if the Aloe Vera extract is applied for a longer time.
What causes darkening underarms after waxing?
studies have shown that sometimes the friction during waxing or shaving can cause darkened armpits. The friction causes an inflammatory reaction that stimulates pigment cells to produce more melanin. This eventually leads to darkened underarms.
- Myung-hee Lee, Tae Gyu Nam, Inil Lee, Eun Ju Shin, Ah-ram Han, Pomjoo Lee, October 2018; Skin anti-inflammatory activity of rose petal extract (Rosa gallica) through reduction of MAPK signaling pathway – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6261181/
- Marcin Delijewski, Dorota Wrzesniok, Michal Otreba, Artur Beberok, Jakub Rok, and Ewa Buszman, June 2014; Nicotine impact on melanogenesis and antioxidant defense system in HEMn-DP melanocytes – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4131136/
The post Home Remedies For Dark Underarms -Simple Underarm Whitening At Home appeared first on Be Wise Professor.