See what He wrote below;
HOW COME ANAMBRA STATE STANDS TALLER THAN OTHER SOUTH EAST STATES?
I took time recently to compile a list of the very best of South East region; the intelligentsia and elite class of Igbo society. What you’ll call the creme de la creme. Guess what? They all come from Anambra State. It couldn’t have been by accident. There must be a reason the sublime expression of Igbo excellence is situated in Anambra State. Check out the list below. Who can explain this, pls?
1. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe. – First President of Nigeria. Did his doctoral research in global politics at Columbia University.
2. Ikemba Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. – Oxford trained historian and leader of the defunct Republic of Biafra.
3. Dr. Alex Ekwueme – Former vice-president of Nigeria. He earned degrees in urban planning, sociology, history, philosophy and law from the University of London. He later proceeded to obtain a Ph.D. in Architecture from the University of Strathclyde
4. Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, KBE. Business tycoon. Nigeria’s first recorded millionaire. He was considered the wealthiest person in Nigeria in his time. First and founding President of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
5. Prof. Chinua Achebe. World renowned writer and professor of literature. His book, ‘Things Fall Apart’, is listed among the world’s best 100 books of all time.
6. Prof. Chike Obi. Professor of mathematics. First Nigerian Ph.D in Mathematics. Resolved a 361-year old world mathematical puzzle known as Fermat’s Last Theorem.
7. Prof. Kenneth Dike. First Indigenous vice-chancellor of a Nigerian University, University of Ibadan.
8. Prof. Dora Akunyili. -Produced astonishing accomplishments in pharmacology. Former Minister of Information and NAFDAC D-G.
9. Amb. Emeka Anyaoku. First and only Nigerian Sec-Gen of the Commonwealth Organization.
10. Dr. Chuba Okadigbo. Professor of political philosophy and former President of Nigerian Senate.
11. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo. – Professor of economics and former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.
12. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. World renowned novelist. Trained in the Ivy League Universities of Yale and Johns Hopkins. Literary works include, Half of a Yellow Sun, Purple Hibiscus and Americanah. Many people believe she could emerge the world’s youngest ever Nobel Prize winner in literature.
13. Prof. Humphrey Nwosu. Professor of political science. Introduced the famous Option A4 Open Ballot System. He conducted the epochal June 12, 1993 election, adjudged the best in Nigerian political history.
14. Sir Louis Mbanefo – First Lawyer, East of the Niger. Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. Chief Justice of the Eastern Region. Rounded off his glorious judicial career with his appointment into the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
15. Mr. Peter Obi. Chairman, Security and Exchange Commission. Chairman, Fidelity Bank. Former governor of Anambra State and potential vice-president of Nigeria.
You see what I mean? I even took a peep into the world of arts and entertainment. See this.
1. Michael “Power Mike” Okpala. The legendary wrestler. Retired undefeated World Heavyweight wrestling champion.
2. Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe. Foremost highlife musician of the “Osondi Owendi” fame.
3. Sir. Oliver de Coque. Yet another renowned highlife King. Indeed, ‘Ana Enwe Obodo Enwe’.
4. Prince Morocco Maduka. The grandmaster of traditional Igbo lyrics. Remember the song ‘Ubanesse’?
5. Akunwata Ozoemena Ayaka Nsugbe. The Egwu Mkpili master with his fantastic rendition of ‘Ifunanya’.
6. Akunwafor Obiligbo Nteje. The blind lyricist of prodigious talent. Fantastic exponent of Igbo folklore with his “Egwu Ndi Eze.”
Wow! There really must be something in the DNA of the Anambra man that puts him heads and shoulder above his other kinsmen in the South East. What could have implanted this seed of genuis in Ndi Igbo of Anambra ancestry?
The post How Anambra Is Better than other South Eastern States – Nigerian Man appeared first on Nightwatchng.