REAL / FULL NAME : Chinedu Okoli
STAGE NAME : Flavour N’abania
DATE OF BIRTH : Born on the 23rd November 1983[age is 34 years old]
RECORD LABEL : 2 Nite Music Group
PLACE OF BIRTH : Enugu State
STATE OF ORIGIN : Anambra State
ENDORSEMENT DEALS : Nigerian Breweries, Weightloss and Bullet Energy drink
NET WORTH 2017 : $ 8 Million USD
OCCUPATION: Singer, songwriter, recording artist, dancer, actor
MARITAL STATUS: Not Married
CHILDREN : Gabrielle and Sophia
GIRLFRIEND(s) : Sandra Okagbue and Anna Ebiere Banner
His given name if Chinedu Okoli but he is better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania or simply Flavour, is a Nigerian singer, dancer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and performer born on the 23rd of November 1983 in Enugu State, Nigeria. The “Ashwawo” crooner started his music career as a drummer for a local church in his hometown of Enugu State. The top Nigerian singer is widely known across Africa for his hit song “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”. The popular award wining Nigerian musician released his self-titled debut album “N’abania”. In 2010, Flavour released his second studio album titled “Uplifted”.
His Uplifted album that was released in 2010 was supported by the singles like “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix”. Flavour came into limelight after the release of his second studio album Uplifted. The high-life singer is well-known for singing in his native language “Igbo” and English language. His Uplifted album made him one of Africa’s most sought-after artists and he has performed at numerous concerts and social events following Uplifted’s release. Flavour N’abania as he is widely called is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment, one of the biggest record label in the country today.
Early Life And Background
Chinedu Okoli who is better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania is an Enugu State born musician ,but an indigene of Umunze in Orumba South LGA, Anambra State, Nigeria. The prolific Nigeria musician was born 23 November 1983 Enugu State but he is a indigene of Anambra State as revealed earlier. Flavour is the first son of a large family consisting of four siblings and seven step siblings. His singing career kicked off at the age of 13 when he started playing the drums for his church choir in Enugu. The young talent was later introduced to Chris I Ordor, the CEO of SoundCity Communications by the resident pastor at his church . Meanwhile, Mr. Ordor had just started a musical company aimed at training young musicians on the basics of music and nurturing them all the way to a professional level. Fast forward to the year 1996, Flavour was invited to join the company on an educational scholarship to study music . He was taught how to play drum for good three years and he later started playing the drums professionally.
Learning how to play drum was initially cool with him but at as some point it became boring for him and this time he switch to the keyboard. He also used to provide backing vocals for other musicians at SoundCity. When he clocked 19 years old, he became a professional drummer and pianist for a local Enugu band , this time he was fully set to enter into the Nigerian Music Industry with spate. As one of the best drummer in Enuga, he was given an opportunity to perform at City Centre, Enugu that had massive crowned in attendance.
ALSO READ: Phyno Biography – Net Worth And Age
The high-life singer disclosed the huddle he faced when he first came to Lagos in search of greener pastures. Despite he was well-known in the east as on of the few up-and-coming singer and already own a car, but he decided to leave everything behind to pursue his career proper in Lagos. Getting to Lagos things was very difficult for him as he was trekking from one place to another looking for means to survive. At this time, he girlfriend had to send money from the east to assist him. The truth is that every successful person today have one or two story to tell about his/her way to the top.
Career Beginnings And Recognition
Flavour’s music career kicked started at the early age of 13 when he emerged unto Nigeria’s musical scene as a drummer and pianist for a local Enugu band. He patiently learned how to play drums professionally which later earned him an offer to perform at City Centre, Enugu. Flavour performed to a massive crowed which e inspired him to gain new grounds and reach great heights. He mastered music production from some Nigeria’s finest producers like Dekumzy, Isi Charles and Nnachie.
Flavour: Rose To Stardom | 2005: N’abania | 2010: Uplifted | 2012: Blessed | 2014: Thankful
His debut album “N’abania” was released in 2005 through Obaino Music. The success of this album was only limited to Eastern Nigeria, particularly Enugu State where he was birthed. In the album lead single titled “N’abania”, Flavour collaborated with one of the finest Nigerian rapper who is no longer invoke Mr Raw . The song was recorded at Kingsley Ogoro’s studio in Lagos, Nigeria .
In 2010 , Flavour released “Uplifted” after the relative success of his debut album. Flavour took so much time to prepare this album because the expectation was very high and believed the album would surpass his previous works. Flavour’s projection came true when the album broke national barriers. Lolhiphop Records, an established record label in South Africa, released the album after popular demand. The album was also supported with top singles like “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix” featuring Tiwa Savage.
Two years later which is 2012 precisely, he released another album titled “Blessed” was released on 18 October 2012 under the imprint of 2nite Entertainment and iROCKING LTD. This third album was said to be his biggest album to date due to the amount of producers that worked on it. While in a chat with iROKTV this is what Flavour had to say about his music career;
“I think I’m growing. This is my third album… Now it’s time to give them the music, like define myself. I have to be more mature with my music, lyrics and instrumentation wise. I worked with tons of producers and the whole production process made sense.”
Following the massive success of his third studio album, he went ahead to release another album titled “Thankful” which was released in December 2014. This highly anticipated album was supported by hit tracks such as “Ololufe” featuring Chidinma, Potentially, Wakeup call feat. Wande Coal, “Wiser” featuring Phyno and M.I and Golibe . In the year 2017, he has released another album titled “Ijele The Traveller” which is Flavour’s latest album.
Flavour’s Family Life | Wife And Children
Flavour is from a large family that consist of four siblings and seven step siblings. The singer is currently based in Lagos . His parents wasn’t in full support of his musical ambitions as they thought that path would take him nowhere. Flavour currently has two daughters Gabrielle and Sophia. The singer had one with Sandra Okagbue and another with Ex-beauty queen and actress Anna Ebiere Banner which he featured on one of his music video.
Flavour’s Net Worth 2017
Flavous’s income comes from many angles including his albums sales, performance fee, adverts and endorsement deals. Based on our recent finding Flavour’s Net worth as at October 2017 is estimated to be around $8 million USD.
The high-life singer Signed a multi-million naira endorsement deal with telecom Giant Glo in 2013 and he is still with the company till date.
Flavour currently have five albums and they are;
- 2005 N’abania
- 2010 Uplifted
- 2012 Blessed
- 2014 Thankful
- 2017 Ijele, The Traveller
- 2011 Adamma
- 2012 Oyi Remix featuring Tiwa savage
- 2012 Kwarikwa featuring Fally Ipupa Blessed Masterkraft
- 2012 Baby oku
- 2012 Shake
- 2013 Chinny Baby
- 2013 Ada Ada
- 2014 Ikwokrikwo
- 2014 Black is Beautiful
- 2014 Wake up featuring Wande coal
- 2014 Gollibe Thankful
- 2015 Ololufe featuring Chidinma
- 2015 Sexy Rosey featuring P-square
- 2016 Champion
- 2016 Dance Thankful
- Nominated for Most Gifted Afro Pop at Channel O Music Video Awards
- Nominated for Indigenous Artist of the Year , Best Album of the Year, Best Music Video of the year (Artist & Director) and Best Collaboration at 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Nominated for Musician Of The Year (Male), Best Collaboration of the Year at City People Entertainment Awards
- Nominated for Best Live Act, Artiste of the Year and Africa Music Awards 2014 at Ghana Music Awards recipient for MTV
- Nominated for Best Indigenous Artist/Group at Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Nominated for African Artiste of the Year at Ghana Music Awards
- Nominated for Musician of the Year (Male) at City People Entertainment Awards
- Nominated for Best Highlife at Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA)
- Nominated for Most Gifted Afro-Pop Video and Most Gifted African West Video at Channel O Music Video Awards with “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”
- Nominated for Best R&B Single at Hip Hop World Awards (The Headies)
- Nominated for Best High Life Video at Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2011
- Nominated for African Artiste of the Year at Ghana Music Awards 2010
ALSO READ: Zoro SwagBag Biography – Songs, Age & Net Worth
- Won Best Traditional Artist and Best Video of the Year at African Muzik Magazine Awards
- Won Video of the Year at 2014 City People Entertainment Awards
- Won Best Live Act at MTV Africa Music Awards 2014 and Ghana Music Awards
- Won Video of the Year, Best High Life Video, Best Indigenous Concept and Best use of costumes at Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA)
- Won Best Collaboration of the Year at City People Entertainment Awards 2013
- Won Best R&B Video at Channel O Music Video Awards 2012
- Won Best Collaboration at The Headies
- Won Best Indigenous Artist/Group at Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2012
- Also Won Best Collaboboration at Hip Hop World Awards (The Headies) 2011.
The post Flavour N’abania Biography – Net Worth, Family And Life appeared first on BioNetworth.
This post first appeared on BioNetwoth, please read the originial post: here