FULL NAME: Adekunle Kosoko
STAGE NAME: Adekunle Gold
DATE OF BIRTH/AGE: January 28, 1987(28 years old)
OCCUPATION: Musician: Singer.
STATE OF ORIGIN: Lagos
MARITAL STATUS: Not Married
NET WORTH: $170,000
GENRE: Nigerian Urban-Highlife and pop singer,
RECORD LABEL: “The 79th Element”
His given name is Adekunle Kosoko but he is widely known by his stage name Adekunle Gold, for those who doesn’t know this handsome young man he is a Nigerian urban highlife singer, songwriter also a well-known for his gift in graphic designing. The Nigerian entertainer was born January 28, 1987 into royal family in Lagos State, Nigeria. The singer who has describes his genre of music as urban highlife gained recognition after he release one of his hottest single ever titled “Sade” in 2014.
The song “Sade” was well-received and it enjoyed massive air-wave as it was also featured on various notable Nigerian radio stations . His career got a boost after the release of his follow-up single, titled “Orente”,which also received positive reviews from music critics and consumers. His hard work later earned him nomination in the category of the Most Promising Act of the Year at the 2015 City People Entertainment Awards. Meanwhile, his 2014 single “Sade” was nominated for Best Alternative Song at The Headies 2015. God finally answered his call in 2015 when he signed a record deal with YBNL Nation, one of the biggest record label in the country under which he released his first album titled GOLD. name Adekunle Gold finally hit spotlight in the year 2015 after getting signed to YBNL owned by Olamide Boddo and releasing several hit singles under the imprint.
Adekunle Gold: Early Life , Background And Education
Adekunle Gold was born January 28, 1987 into a royal family in Lagos State, Nigeria. The top Nigerian singer is a graduate of Lagos State Polytechnic with a degree in Graphics . HE dived into entertainment in 2010 when he and his best friend named Seyikeyz formed a band “The Bridge” . They later release four songs “No sleeping on a bicycle”, “Norm Breaker” featuring Skales and “All of me” (John legend cover). He later left the group to float his solo act as a singer. Having researched on the type of music he is blessed with , he was able to release a song titled “Let it stop”, a song about peace for the nation. But he couldn’t hit lim-light with that song because it couldn’t get the needed promotion . His music career was at the verge of getting noticed by music consumers in the country.
ALSO READ: Olamide Adedeji Biography – Age, Net Worth, Awards, Girlfriend & Son
His music ambition came from those days when his dad used to play classic songs by King Sunny Ade and Ebenezer Obey while he drove them to school every day. His interest in music developed from listening to music he father plaed unknowing to him that he is inspiring someone with those old vibes. According to the YBNL front-line artiste, he composed his first song ever at the age of 15 and started out singing in his early teens as a member of the junior church choir. Aside music, Adekunle Gold is also very talented when it come to graphic design. He quite known for his unique Photoshop skills which he normally upload on social media . He wowed the world with his Photoshop skills when he Photo-shopped himself holding tightly to Tiwa Savage and Nicki Minaj and he was poured encomium by fans who found his talent amusing and perfect.
Adekunle Gold: Career Beginnings
While growing up , he developed interest in music while listening to songs by King Sunny Ade and Ebenezer Obey which were enjoyed by his father . He had his first taste of music when he joined their church choir during his teenage years junior choir precisely. He officially wrote his first song when he was only fifteen years old. In 2014, Adekunle went solo after he disbanded a music group he formed with a friend while in school (“The Bridge” ). He was later crowned the “King of Photoshop” in Nigeria after posting an edited Photoshop image of him hugging Tiwa Savage. His music career kicked off professionally after releasing a cover of One Direction’s “Story of My Life” titled “Sade”. This song later earned a nomination for him at the 2015 edition of The Headies .
After signing a music contract with Olamide’s YBNL Records, Adekunle released his first official single titled “Orente” which was a year later after he released “Sade”. In 2015, he was nominated in the Most Promising Act of the Year category at the 2015 City People Entertainment Awards. The following year he released his long awaited album titled “Gold” weeks after revealing the cover and track list of his debut studio album. The album is a 16-track project, with musical production from Pheelz, Masterkraft, B Banks, Sleekamo, Oscar and Seyikeyz. The album peaked at #7 on the Billboard World Album Chart for the week of 13 August 2016. The latest news is that Adekunle Gold is no longer with YBNL , he left the label due to the expiry of his contract. He has unveiled his band “The 79th Element” in reference to the atomic number of gold.
Adekunle Gold: Net Worth
Adekunle Gold have an estimated net worth of $170,000
Adekunle Gold: Age | How Old Is Adekunle Gold
The singer and graphic designer was born January 28, 1987. Therefore, he is currently 28 years old as of October 2017.
Adekunle Gold: Girlfriend
He is rumored to be dating Simi but they haven’t firmed this to be true . But we strongly believed they are in a serious relationship and they are hiding it from the media. There was also news that Falz The Bahd Guy is dating Simi but she has come out to debunk the news, disclosed that they are just close friends and no string attached . But that of Adekunle Gold, we strongly believe that they are dating .
Adekunle Gold: Selected Singles
- “Sade” (2014)
- “Orente” (2015)
- “Pick Up” (2015)
- “Ready” (2016)
- “My Life” (2016)
- “Nurse Alabere” (2016)
- “Friend Zone” (2016)
- “Work” (2016)
- “Call on me” (2017)
- “Only Girl” feat Moelogo (2017)
Adekunle Gold: Albums
Awards and Nominations
- Adekunle Gold won Best New Act to Watch at 2016 Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEAs)and Best Song in the same award
- Adekunle Gold also won Revelation of Africa at Afrima Awards 2015 with the song “Sade”
- He won Best Song at Beat of Lagos 2015 with the song “Sade
- Adekunle Gold have also won Best Alternative Song at The Headies 2015 with the song “Sade
- He won Best New Act at Nea Awards 2016 in the year 2015.
Twenty Five Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Adekunle Gold
- Adekunle Gold’s real name is Adekunle Kosoko and he hails from Lagos Island.
- He is a prince of Lagos and member of the famous Kosoko royal house of Lagos.
- He wrote his first song at the age of 15 and went on to join the junior choir of his church.
- He studied Arts and Design at the Lagos State Polytechnic while majoring in Graphics.
- Adekunle Gold is also a sculptor, painter and graphics designer.
- Before getting signed unto Olamide’s YBNL, Adekunle Gold had a working relationship with the label.
- Adekunle added Gold to his name after a session in church with the inspiration coming from an excerpt of the pastor’s preaching.
- In the early days of his career, Adekunle was a member of a boy band called The Bridge.
- The group dropped a couple of singles and featured acts like Skales and GT the guitarman before it was disbanded.
- He designed YBNL’s official logo.
- Before his entry into the mainstream music industry, Adekunle Gold went viral after photoshopping himself into photos of popular celebs which earned him the moniker, ‘King of Photoshop’.
- His debut single, ‘Sade’ is actually a cover of One Direction’s ‘Story of my Life’.
- The single won the Best alternative song award at the recently held 2015 Headies awards ceremony.
- He won the award for ‘Revelation of the Year’ at the 2015 edition of AFRIMA.
- Adekunle Gold has made his movie debut on Kunle Afolayan’s upcoming thriller, ‘The CEO’.
- Forget his announcement on ‘Sade’, Adekunle Gold is not up to 30 years. Yes, he lied!
- His follow-up single, ‘Orente’ like his debut was inspired by a true life experience.
- He is the only son of his parent. He has 3 sisters (one is however late).
- He is also a nephew to legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko.
- Adekunle Gold is reportedly in a relationship with ‘Jamb Question’ singer, Simi although both acts have kept mum about the relationship and are rarely seen together in ‘public’.
- Simi actually helped Adekunle Gold define his style and helped named his genre, ‘Urban Highlife’.
- Simi mixed and arranged Adekunle Gold’s three singles, ‘Sade’, ‘Orente’ and ‘Pick Up’.
- The singer is also called YBNL Toaster by fans and some colleagues.
SOURCE: Bionetwirth.com.ng , takemetonaija.com and thenet.ng
The post Adekunle Gold Biography – Net Worth, Age & Shocking Fact appeared first on BioNetworth.