Round Skylight Diffuser Replacement
This is a fairly simple process to improve the brightness of your skylight and its efficiency. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Measure the size of your existing skylight diffuser. Round skylight diffusers come in various sizes so it’s important to get an accurate measurement to ensure a proper fit in the ceiling surround.
2. Remove the old diffuser. Most round skylight diffusers are held in place by either turning and clipping or placed inside the ceiling surround. When they are placed in, gently bend the diffuser from the edges but cafeful not to snap it. Then tilt the diffuser and slide it through the opening.
3. Clean the skylight well. Before installing the new diffuser make sure to clean the skylight well. If there are any bugs or dust they will be attracted to the new skylight diffuser. Due to the static from the installation this can be a problem so clean it well. Wiping down the diffuser with a damp cloth will fix it for you.
4. Install the new diffuser. Place the new round skylight diffuser onto the skylight surround. Depending on the model of the diffuser you may have to twist it on or screw it on to a bolt in the center. These model diffusers are usually ventillated and installed for the kitchen and bathroom.
5. Test the skylight. Once you have installed the new diffuser, test the skylight to ensure it is transferring the light correctly. Make sure that light is spreading evenly around the room. It should not be tunneling light in one spot, and if it is, you may run the risk of fading carpets or floorboards.