I run my own Business and I have been in my business for almost 10 years now. I am a certified personal trainer, certified behavioral change specialist, and a sports nutritionist. My own personal business has gone through many different phases including the 4 AM to 11 PM grind to burning out so bad I almost deleted my blog. I’ve done the struggle, I’ve done the hustle and I know where you are at. I want to give you three things you can start implementing into your life today to start taking care of yourself so you avoid the burnout and show up in your business as your highest self.
Listen it’s so easy to put yourself off to the side especially as women, we want to take care of other people right? We are always “How can I help? How can I help?” “Got to be there, got to be there, got to be everywhere” right? Eventually, you are going to burn out, you are going to have health problems, you’re going to have stress hormonal disruptions and that belly fat is going to pile on. All of these ailments will happen because you haven’t taken a moment to focus on the most important thing on this planet which is yourself.
How to Boss and Still Take Care of You
- 3 Deep Breathes: As an entrepreneur when you are making those sales calls when you are making those business calls when you are making those proposals you have to turn on right? You have to be on ready, alert, fight-or-flight. The minute you get in your car to go to the next meeting or you’re closing off Skype to go on to another Skype appointment take a moment for yourself. Close it down, sit back in your chair feet flat on the floor and you are going to take three deep-centering-calm-breaths. Into the nose fill that belly and then out. Inhale exhale, inhale exhale. All it takes is three, which is seconds. Before you pick up that phone or make the next phone call and before you back out of that parking spot to go to your next meeting take those three breaths.
Reclaim your power, regroup your thoughts, and recenter yourself. It is so much easier to show up because now you’ve calmed down you’ve brought your energy down.
- Have a Cup of Tea: I have tea every single day for two reasons, one being it helps me curb my sugar cravings and second because it forces me to slow down. Hot tea is so hot that you are forced to slow down and have a moment. Have you ever had a cup of tea that you have been just able to gulp? No. There’s a reason that in England, they have afternoon tea. In Japan, they have lots and lots of teas because it’s an actual practice and ritual. It’s definitely something that you should implement into your life.
If you are feeling overwhelmed all the time and out of control, a lot of times it’s not that your life is out of control, it’s that you need to take a step back and get organized. The only way that you are going to take a step back is if you slow down. Enjoying yourself, enjoying the moment takes less than 10 minutes. I can promise you that moment of silence and clarity will help you organize the rest of your business, will help you step forward and move forward in ways you can’t imagine.
- Move More: Whatever more movement looks like for you, you need to flow stress, emotions, failures, and wins. Move all of that stuff out of your body flow – let it flow. The most successful entrepreneurs take time to MOVE and flow every single day. Taking yourself up out of your seat and moving around your hips and legs, stretching your body and just getting up helps the blood flow into your brain and will pluck you from your stump and into action! Now as much as I preach rest days, a lot of my rest days I’ll just walk on that treadmill and stretch or I’ll show up for that yoga class in that very light relaxing yin yoga or a Kundalini class. It’s so important, so, so important to show up for yourself. Move, flow and just relax and let the stuff go through you. It’s not exercising to lose weight, it’s exercising to get energize and feel great.
I hope that you at least try one of them especially the deep breaths that’s an easy thing that any of you can implement in your life. I can promise you that deep breath will make the Biggest Shift for you, biggest shift ever.
So I wanna know…
- How are you going to step up and start making self-care apart of your lifestyle?
- What does it mean for you to do that?
The post How to Boss and Still Take Care of You appeared first on Courtney Bentley || A Health and Wellness Brand based in Las Vegas, NV.