Inspired by the state of the art gym at Elysian West, I decided it would be fun to showcase some of my favorite Arm exercises for tank top arms. I get a lot of questions about toning up the arms, so I thought I would break down my methodology for getting those tight arms. A few things I do differently are supersets, half motions and I squeeze my muscles at the top of each movement. As much as doing tons of reps is popular, the real secret is not breaking down your joints and focusing on the actual Muscle you want to work. You can obtain tank top arms with these arm exercises using a simple cable machine. I see a lot of workouts where reps are the solution when in reality doing tons of reps can actually damage and breakdown your joint muscles. It is better when you build to do a heavier weight in the 10-15 reps range and work that muscle with the correct exercises and make sure to squeeze the muscles as you go through the exercises. Like I mentioned in the video, I really squeeze the muscle I am working on each rep even when it burns.
Supersets are key to the lean look and can be used interchangeably throughout the workout. A superset is, doing two exercises back to back with, little to no rest. Supersets are key to muscle growth aka the hypertrophy phase of your program which creates the environment for hormonal and biological processes for muscle growth. Don’t worry you won’t look like a muscle man from doing these, I swear they are the secret to the shape of my arms. For instance, I love super setting biceps with triceps to feel that burn and engagement in my arms. This also allows time for the muscles to get some active rest time in. I also love supersets because they cut down on time and force me to not check my phone in the middle of my workout.
Arm Exercise Video:
Arm Exercises for Tank Top Arms:
- Half Bicep Curls: My trick for building my arms is to work my muscles at every angle and every tempo. I love to do half movements on the occasion to test the strength of the muscle in all aspects. As you see in the video, I am just going half way up to engage that peak in my arm to create that nice shape.
- Straight Arm Pull: Start off with a slight bend in the knee and a bend at the waist. Begin with a light weight to make sure you are engaging your back muscles and arm muscles when doing the exercise. You can always add more weight as you get the exercise perfected. Squeeze your back muscles together and hold your arms tight as you bring the bar down towards you as shown in the video.
- Overhead Tricep Press: Make sure to have a good grip on your weight before you begin this exercise. Hold your core tight as you bend forward with one foot forward and a lean forward. Make sure to keep your elbows close to your ears and extend the triceps, not the wrist.
- Tricep Pushdown: This exercise works the back of your arm also known as the triceps. For this exercise, be sure to keep your shoulders back with a slight bend in your knees. Keep your elbows close to your sides and be sure to squeeze your triceps muscle at the top of every motion.
To put these all into a workout I would be sure to warm up on the treadmill for at least 5 minutes and on arm days I like to end with some sprints to burn some fat. Do each exercise at a moderate weight where you can do 10-12 reps with just a bit of challenge. You can play with your tempos especially with the first exercise and the last. I like to see if I can hold the exercise and squeeze my muscle midway through the rep just to get the extra pump. Make sure to stretch post workout as well! For more arm workouts, check out this link.
There are many more exercises you can use but these are ones I go back to time and time again.
So I wanna know…
- Do you workout at a gym or at home?
- Have you ever tried super setting before?
- Did you enjoy this type of post?
Thank you, Elysian West for hosting me at your inspiring and gorgeous facility. If you are looking for a lifestyle type living situation, check out Elysian Living at elysianliving.com.
P.S If you enjoyed this workout you would love my app The Fit and Fabulous Club! To get a free ten-day workout challenge just click here.
The post Arm Exercises for Tank Top Arms at Elysian West appeared first on Courtney Bentley || A Health and Wellness Brand based in Las Vegas, NV.