Ah..Pumpkin pie smoothies..this smoothie is DELICIOUSLY insanely good like YUM! Just editing these photos I want to make one although I just ate dinner..I am pretty simple when it comes to eating, I have a rotation of foods I eat and this works for me but for some, this is boring and not a way to live. Trust me when I say, eating the same round of meals over and over again helps me stay in shape, leaves me brain space to work on other projects and makes my grocery trips a breeze. I do however like to add some new dishes when fall comes around because squashes are available, pumpkin is easily found and I crave a change during the fall.
I have been playing around with my blender because I have been SO busy whipping up a quick smoothie is just easy. I like to push myself super hard and get a lot done before December so I can relax during the holidays. Do you guys do this to? I just watched Alex Beadon, one of my favorite business babes do her Killer Impressions launch and she talked a lot about how she plans her months out and I was SO inspired to really press myself and get shifts done!
See I told you, super delicious creamy and cinnamon!
Now here is the recipe..
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 4 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 oz kefir or 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (check out my favorites here)
- 2 tbsp. canned organic pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. flax oil
- 1 tsp maca powder
- shake of cinnamon
- shake of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 drops stevia
Blend and enjoy! You can add more ice and cinnamon at the end to make it super cold.
Tips for Making Smoothies
I love love love smoothies, they are SO easy to make and the combinations of ingredients are endless. I love how I can be feeling low on energy around the dreaded 4 PM and switch that around with a nutrient packed green smoothie. I have some tips for you as you can easily make a smoothie 500 calories and filled with sugar.
- Stick to 1 fruit, instead of packing the fruit which can load up the sugar content FAST stick to 1 serving of fruit, I love berries for their antioxidant power!
- Use cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, peppermint and ginger to flavor up your smoothies versus fruit juices. These spices add flavor and additional benefits.
- Add a greens powder or wheatgrass shot. Talk about getting a nutrient packed smoothie, adding a superfood greens powder will really up your nutrients. I love the trader joe’s brand as I shop there so it is easy for me to grab and a steal at only $19.95!
- Use water, unsweetened nut milks, coconut milk, herbal teas, coffee or coconut water for your base. I like to do 1/2 water and 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk.
- Add protein either from kefir, hemp seeds, protein powder, greek yogurt or egg whites. This will help you feel full!
SO I wanna know..
- Are you addicted to pumpkin?
- Do you drink smoothies everyday?
If you love this, you will die for my healthy pumpkin spiced latte and pumpkin coconut pancakes.
The post Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe for Fall appeared first on Courtney Bentley Fitness.