Best Natural Home Remedies to Lighten Dark Underarms
Dark Underarms is one of the major Skin issues that I have to deal with in summers. It can be embarrassing to accidently show off your dark underarms in open. But these natural home remedies to lighten dark underarms can be of great help.
I absolutely love the smooth and bright underarms of the celebrities but even after taking proper care (No razors and hair removal creams) I end up with dark underarms. So, I got to do something for it.
If you also love wearing Sleeveless dresses but scared of showing off Dark underarm area.. then worry not! I am here to help you with some of the best effective home remedies to lighten dark Underarms.
Why Underarm Skin becomes darker:
There could be various reasons that can the darkening of underarm skin. So, it’s very essential to find out the exact cause of the same and avoid it. ‘
- Sweating: Sweating produces bacteria which if left for long on the area can lead to skin darkening. So, it’s essential to keep the area dry and clean.
- Rubbing: The rubbing of the skin against your clothes could also contribute to unwanted darkness. Or If you have gained some extra Kilos, it will also aggravate the darkening of armpits because the skin on the area will rub against each other.
- Shaving: Shaving can cause the hair follicles to become larger which will certainly make the skin looks darker. Also, there could be tiny cuts and rashes during shaving which turn to a darker looking skin later. So, avoid shaving the underarm area and better go for waxing.
- Deodorants: Deodorants and antiperspirants can be a major cause for skin darkening. They contain harsh chemical which can irritate the sensitive skin. So, pick natural products for your skin to enjoy beautiful looking skin for long.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms – Natural Home Remedies:
1.Potato Mask: Potato is a natural bleaching agent and can do wonders to help you get rid of dark armpits. Take a thin slices of potato and rub it on the under arm area for 10-15 minutes and let it dry for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. You will gradually see a major difference in your underarm skin. Do this daily for faster results. You can also grate the potato and use that as a pack on underarms. It will also help in soothing the sensitive and relieves itchiness.
2. Charcoal + Honey Mask: Activated charcoal is a great detox and sucks in all the impurities leaving behind deeply cleansed skin. While, honey is a natural moisturizer, and well known for its soothing, antibacterial and lightening properties. It will keep skin soft and supple. Make a thick paste and let it sit for 20 minutes. It can be slightly messy because of honey melting and spreading but totally worth a try. Then wash it off with Luke warm water. Do it 2 times a week to see good results.
3. Lemon +Curd Pack: Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and is well know for its bleaching properties. The acidity of a lemon will help lighten dark underarms area. You can rub a Lemon slice to exfoliate the skin and remove the dead cells from skin surface. Do it for 5-10 minutes and then let it sit for 10 minutes before washing it off.
As lemon is highly acidic and if you have sensitive skin, mix lemon juice in curd and apply it on arm pits. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash off with luke warm water. You can do this 2-3 times a week to see the results in a week.
4. Cucumber+ Turmeric +Lemon Juice Pack: Cucumber has mild bleaching properties which can lighten the dark underarm skin. Rub a cucumber slice on underarms every day or prepare this pack. For this Natural home remedy for dark underarms we need cucumber juice, turmeric powder, and lemon juice. Peel the cucumber and grate it. Add in 1 tsp of lemon juice and mix. Add in a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well together. Apply this paste on your underarms. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with warm water. You can do it daily to see fast results. This is all natural and will help lighten up those dark armpits
5. Rice Flour +Vinegar Scrub: Vinegar has antibacterial properties and will also help lighten the skin. It will also work on odour causing bacterias. Mix vinegar with some rice flour to form a thick paste and apply this paste on your dark underarms. Let the paste sit on skin for about 10 minutes and then, scrub off.
6. Baking Soda Scrub: Baking Soda is a wonderful exfoliator and is highly acidic. It will help you lighten your dark underarms, just mix baking soda with a little bit of water to form a paste. Then scrub your underarms with this for 5-10 minutes. This natural home remedy will help remove dead cells accumulated in your underarm area and leaving skin brighter and lighter. Repeat once or twice a week for best results. You can also add some lemon drops to the scrub to add to the effectiveness of the scrub and see quick results with armpits lightening.
7. Brown Sugar + Coconut Oil Scrub: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and contains Vitamin E which can help lighten dark areas over time. You can just apply the coconut oil 10 minutes before shower or better prepare a scrub with brown sugar. Mix 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with small amount of coconut oil and lightly massage it on the affected dark underarm area for about 5-10 minutes, before washing it off. It will lighten the skin and act as a natural deodorant.
Don’t Miss to Checkout:
- Best Scrubs To Remove Tanning in India
- Most Effective Home Remedies to Cure Dark Circles
- Simple Skin Care Tips for Glowing Skin
So, these are some of the most effective skin lightening scrubs and masks that will help you get rid of dark underarms quickly. Because these are Natural Home remedies to lighten dark underarms it will take some time to show results. Just follow these regularly to see the difference and enjoy lighter underarms.
Now, you can wear your favorite dress at the upcoming wedding, or celebrations with confidence and without fearing of showing off dark underarm area.
PS: Always conduct a patch test to rule out any irritation. Do not try if you allergic to any of the ingredients.
PPS: I do not claim the ownership of Images
The post 7 Best Natural Home Remedies to Lighten Dark Underarms in 1 Month appeared first on Beauty And Makeup Matters.