We all lead such busy lives that it’s easy to get caught up in a regular routine that leaves us less than inspired. Mine goes something like this: rise at 4:45am, work out, get ready for work, reach office at 7:15am, work all day, leave at 4 and rush to pick up kids, do homework, dinner, bath, bedtime… and collapse in front of the TV or with a book before I hit the hay. Next day: get up and do it all again. Sound somewhat familiar?
Well, there is hope and it starts with one word: CHANGE. I’m not talking necessarily about big changes, small ones will do too. Obviously getting out of a rut may also require some soul searching to find out how and why you got there in the first place. However, if you’re looking for some easy to make changes, here are some ideas to help you find some life inspiration and have yourself a little more fun (in no particular order):
- Change your routine – mix it up a bit changing the order or throwing in something new
- Do 1 less task daily and replace it with something you WANT to do
- Challenge yourself – set a goal and take small steps to achieve it
- Call an old friend who you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Take a walk outside and appreciate the spring bloom
- Take a class or read a book about something new you would like to learn more about
- Try a new recipe – something totally outside of your comfort zone
- Do something for someone else (your kids don’t count!) or volunteer for a cause
- Hang out with some happy/fun people
- Think about what you are grateful for in your life and embrace it
- Take a day to say “yes” to everything that is asked of you (within reason, of course)
- Live in the present – don’t fret over the past or wait for the future – life is happening now!
- Remember that neither you nor your life have to be perfect
You know the saying “life is too short” – it might be annoying to hear, but it really is so true