Apart from all the vitamins and minerals, bananas also contain substances that are good for your skin. Banana peel contains something called lutein, an antioxidant.
Banana Peel is high in lutein, an antioxidant and carotenoid vitamin related to Vitamin A. Lutein helps in protecting the Skin against the damage done by the sun. Banana Peel is high in esterified fatty acids, which are hard to find otherwise and constitute as one of the basic ingredients in many patent lotions.
With the use of banana peel, you can achieve an acne and wrinkle free skin. It has vitamins A, B, C, E, potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese that can reduce even the old acne marks. It hydrates your skin from the inside out and gives it a softer look. If you too want a naturally clear and younger looking skin, this is how you can get it.
Incorporating banana peel in your daily beauty regime is very easy. Just follow the given steps for a beautiful looking skin:
- First, prepare your skin. Use a mild cleanser to get rid of oil and dirt on the skin. Don't scrub or be harsh on your skin, especially if you have acne.
- Take a ripe banana and cut its peel into chunks and rub the inner part directly on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes in a circular motion.
- Keep a check if the peel in turning black from the inside.
- If that is the case, it means that the peel needs to be replaced now.
- Don't wash your face instantly.
- Let your skin absorb all the moisture for at least 4-5 hours. (You can do this before going to sleep so that it stays on your face overnight)
- Then rinse off with cold water.
- You can use banana peel daily for better results.