So basically every year I visit at least one Festival in Hungary since there’s nothing better to do. There are a bunch of them here that have become world famous like Sziget or Balaton Sound. To be honest I rather enjoy small festivals where I can actually listen to the music, hear it and stand close enough to be one with it. Music is my thing and I am very sensitive about it.
Balaton Sound to me is more of a getaway to lake Balaton with music, drinks and many friends. Most of these festivals I end up chatting to people I know and shaking my ass in the meantime, while skipping on most of the concerts.
Here is a bunch of thoughts and notes I gathered about the Balaton Sound 2016:
- The prices for these festivals are doubling every year and so are the foreigners, because sooner or later Hungarians won’t be able to afford it. From what I remember Sziget has 90%+ foreigners…
- Buying a VIP at Sziget or Sound is completely useless. All you get is a packed place with more people inside than outside. I still think VIPs should not be for sale and that’s when it would make sense. But we all know that money talks.
- The less you wear the bigger ‘your chances’. If that is what you are in for.
- On the third day of festivals a triple vodka soda tastes like water. So does my brain.
- Chris Brown has the voice I want to hear when I go to sleep.
- Golden tattoos and floral headbands are still a thing.
- The ripped men are so ripped you can pick them off the tree. There is even a protein bar where you can work out and show your shit to the world.
- Where did the selfie sticks go?
- Not many people dare to get into that water. I never do especially not around the festival. You do not want to end up swimming with a maxi pad.
- The second I step onto the festival premises I lose my voice. The dust.
- The decorations at Sound have not changed for 3 years now.
- All girls look the same. Like exactly the same.
- And half of them like Kylie Jenner.
- Best part of it is when you lie around with a crazy hangover at the beach of one of the party places listening to house music and sipping on a hangover cure beer. Finlandia beach saved me.
- It is painful to lie around on a wooden pallet. Very.
- The polite guys are not from Hungary.
- Even though you are at a beach festival it is horribly inappropriate to wear a swimming suit in the evening.
- Surviving on hot dogs, guru chicken and piadina is how I roll. And lots of beer before the vodka storm.
- Mauro restaurant if you want to have a descent Italian dinner.
- Don’t mix. Just vodka.
- The festival is packed with photogenic places to post selfies from.
- If you have any clothes from HM, Zara or Bershka you will meet it on every second chick passing by.
The post THINGS I THINK ABOUT BALATON SOUND appeared first on DIAMONDS AND SPIKES.
This post first appeared on DIAMONDS AND SPIKES - Fashion And Beauty Blog By E, please read the originial post: here