Ahh, Sephora. It’s kind of like Target..but with a better makeup section. I always find myself on Sephora.com to re-order *just* the products I’ve run out of..then BAM. I’m sucked into buying a new top-rated bronzer, overnight serum and detoxifying mask. And samples? Suuure, give me 20.
Whether you’re a certified Sephora junkie (me) or you’re just looking to get a few new products, Sephora’s Beauty Insider Appreciation Event is the time to shop. Now through September 3, Beauty Insiders get full-priced products for less. AKA, this is a sale you really don’t want to miss. Just make sure you’re signed up (it’s free!) to get a discount. Here’s how to shop:
VIB Rouge Members get 20% off August 24-August 29. Use the one-time code: YESROUGE
VIB Members get 15% off August 30-September 3. Use the one-time code: YESVIB
Beauty Insider Members get 10% off August 30-September 3 Use the one-time code: YESINSIDER
Tip: Those one-time codes are good for one online order so make sure you do all your shopping at once to get the best possible discount!
Because Sephora has everything we want, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Our team took some time to gather our very favorites for you: the tried-and-true products we use daily and the ones we’re eyeing up ourselves are all there. But, if you want a makeup artist’s opinion (uh, yeah we do), you can find Scotti’s Top 25 recommendations here in addition to her picks below.
Hey guys! In addition to picking up refills of my most-used products (I just added them to my What’s In My Closet page if you are interested)….here’s what I’m eyeing up at the Sephora sale:
1. Biossance Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facial – I need a new face mask. And this one is all-natural, has glowing reviews, and promises brightening and refreshing. Perfect for end-of-summer.
2. Slip Silk Sleepmask – I need our room to be darker, and buying new drapes isn’t going to happen anytime soon. This would also be a perfect mask for travel. I like that it’s 100% silk, so it breathes well, and won’t tug on my Skin.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum – My skin LOVES Vitamin C. Like…it’s completely transformative. This new product promises a more stable, more powerful form of it. I’m totally intrigued.
4. Nars Atomic Blonde Eye & Face Palette – I’m obsessed with the idea of finding a perfect all-in-one pallette. They’re perfect for travel, obviously, but also for everyday when I’m busy. I’ve been eyeing up the pricy Charlotte Tilbury face palette, but this NARS one looks kiiiind of amazing, especially for sun-kissed summer skin. Watch the tutorial – it’s just subtle and really, really pretty.
5. Bite Beauty French Press Lip Gloss – Bite is one of my fav all-natural beauty brands, and this lipgloss was described as ‘your lips, only better’ and also has glowing reviews from self-proclaimed gloss-haters. I’m sold.
6. Sephora Collection Ready To Roll Brush Set – I need travel brushes. Badly. This set would make packing a breeze.
In case you missed it, I wrote an entire article about my top 25 beauty products from Sephora. Those are the products I’ve used over and over on brides, on myself, and are the products I recommend to my mom and sister (notoriously hard to deal with, makeup-wise). If you are looking for a way to overhaul your makeup and/or beauty routine, give that one a read. The five products below, however, are the ones that this makeup junkie is going to be picking up.
1. IGK Mixed Feelings Leave-In Blonde Drops – I randomly came across this product and was blown away by the reviews. You can mix these drops into your shampoo, conditioner or styling product to tone the brassiness out of blonde, silver or violet hair. It also adds UV protection. Woot!
2. Olaplex Bond Maintenance Shampoo & Conditioner – Olaplex saved the life of my hair. I’ve been dying it (bleaching) for years and it takes a toll on the health of your hair. This highly-moisturizing shampoo and
conditioner set repairs and protects damaged hair, split ends and frizz by re-linking broken bonds.
3. Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette – If I were to pick my must-have colors and put them into one easy-to-use palette, this would be it. A combo of matte and shimmer nude shades, you have to check out the gorgeous looks that the artists created with this palette.
4. Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow – These have long been a favorite of mine, but I’m loving their new vivid colors (I’m looking at you, Vivid Jade). There’s no fallout with these shimmery shadows and they LAST and last on your lids!
5. NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment – An “innovative, weightless matte liquid lip pigment with ultra-flexible, lasting wear.” I’m always on the search for a lip color that will last without drying out my lips. I’m loving these colors and am thinking “Spin Me” and “Rock with You” will be perfect for fall!
It’s taken me a few years to get it right but these items are my daily makeup routine essentials. I especially LOVE Bareminerals Complexion Rescue – and it works well as a primer too, (as I recently learned from my good friend Elisa at Makeup by Elisa). Check out my What’s In My Closet Page for even more of my beauty favs.
1. Bareminerals Complexion Rescue – I use this for everything: moisturizer, light foundation, sunscreen and primer. I go through it like crazy, and have one in my bag wherever I go.
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear – This is my one big make-up splurge item. I love it because it covers SO WELL and lasts forever. It’s great for combination skin and oily skin too.
3. BECCA X Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette – I’m all about the highlighters, they’re my make-up weakness. I can’t get enough shimmer and glow. I’ve heard so much about this Chrissy Teigen Becca palette and finally bought it today.
4. Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint – I’m one of those people that doesn’t feel ‘done’ until I put on lipstick. I LOVE just about every color under the sun. This one is great if you wan’t your matte to last ALL DAY, although it is a little dry once it sets so I add chapstick.
5. BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector – The real deal. Just a tiny smidge of this under my eyes (and any other problem areas) and I look like I’ve slept 12 hrs.
2. It Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara – I need to share a before and after (I might on IG soon). This mascara is amazing. It gives me volume like no other. I can just do this mascara some days with a good brow penciling (below) and be good. It instantly makes my eyes look bigger and brings out their color.
3. Anastasia Beverly Hill Perfect Brow Pencil – I don’t like a hardcore eyebrow on me and prefer to keep it looking natural (probably only because I don’t know how to do one, so it scares me – ha). That’s why I really appreciate this eye pencil. You can really work it with your natural brow.
4. Urban Decay Naked Palette – YES. Yes x 100. Great eye palette. I use it almost every day (when I manage to get stuff on my face).
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – an easy eyeliner that goes on well, can be drawn in a line or smudged. I prefer this kind of pencil, because again…the paint-type ones scare me. Too much pressure to get it on perfectly! lol. I can’t deal with the stress.
p.s. I also use this Becca Highlighter (rose gold), but didn’t add it because we were all doing 5 picks. I have to let ya know, though! It’s a goodie.
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum – SPF 20- Oil-Free (mocha) – This tinted moisturizer has just enough coverage for me wear as a natural, everyday foundation. It has the most natural, flawless finish. Best of all, the oil-free formula is so lightweight and doesn’t irritate my skin
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation (Chesnut) – Smooth, buildable coverage when you’re on the go! When I want to glam up my look a little but don’t want a full-coverage foundation, I’ll layer this on the tinted moisturizer in my trouble areas. It’s buttery smooth; I just enjoy putting it on. I use the alone when I’m pressed for time.
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush (Dahlia) – Use this blush with built-in highlighter for a stunning #MOTD. I love how pigmented these blushes are! There are six shades, which seems limiting, but I’ve tried and love them all. My fave shade, dahlia is sold out, so I guess it’s time to try another.
4. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment – Banish breakouts before they start! Oh, the trials of oily skin; I can’t wait until I have a breakout to start treating it. This cream helps keep blemishes from even starting. I use it on my entire face and it still last forever. A little goes a long way!
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun Dipped Glow Kit – Gimme all the glow! You’d think the shimmer in the Becca blush is enough, but on my glammest days, I need more! This does the trick and doubles as eye shadow when I travel.
Hey all! Even though I go super low-key with my makeup, I’ve tried most products and have just recently discovered my absolute favs. Foundations have been super tricky for me. I’d describe myself as fair skinned with rosy undertones (to put that into perspective my dad was elected his class blusher) so needless to say, finding a perfect match hasn’t been easy. But, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation has been a God-send. See more of my thoughts on that below.
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (shade 4.75 most of the year, shade 4.25 now) – This foundation is great. I had been lusting over it for months, maybe years before I splurged and I’m so happy I did. It’s buildable, but I tend to keep it light and just apply it with a damp beauty blender. It doesn’t feel cakey or heavy and lets my freckles show through in the summer (and it smells nice).
2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla most of the year, Custard now) – A great concealer that doesn’t get all cakey or change color as it settles. I use it on under eyes because there’s usually some darkness going on there (the fair skin gets me again).
Hey y’all. Total product junkie here who loves trying new things constantly. I don’t wear a ton of makeup everyday, but have been getting more adventurous with eye shadow lately and having a blast. And by more adventurous I mean actually wearing some everyday. Haha. One thing I’ve loved trying lately is the Sephora Play subscription. It’s just $10 a month and you get to try out a variety of little samples. I mean. What a deal. It’s seriously fun. I’ve got my top 5 choices for the sale here, but click over to my closet to see even more of my favorite products I use on the reg.
1. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks – These are just fabulous. I mean. Besides being super hydrating and brightening for those bags, they just look so fab on. Haha. LOVE them.
2. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask – This has been in my faves list for a while and I can’t wait to try it out. It got ‘glowing’ reviews from a beauty blogger I was following for a while.
3. Urban Decay Naked3 Palette – I recently asked Scotti for a recommendation on some good pinks to wear to bring out my green eyes and she suggested this palette. I’ve had the Naked1 palette for years and LOVE the shadows, but am ready to add a few more shades so I’m excited to try this out!
4. Juliette Has a Gun Mmmm… Travel Size Fragrance – This is one of my favorite scents ever. I got a sample a few years ago and need to restock. It has gorgeous notes of neroli, jasmine sambac, vanilla and sandalwood. It’s not heavy on the vanilla though if you’re into overwhelming vanilla like me. It’s just heavenly though and I love that you can get it in this smaller size if you’re not into daily perfume.
5. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – I have worn this for years and LOVE it. It covers well, doesn’t dry out my skin, doesn’t get greasy and is hydrating. I wear shade Vanilla most of the year. I recently tried another concealer but am going back to this one!
Now go get that red lipstick you’ve been dying over.