Pop Quiz: Is chest pain (prior to a heart attack) how woman know their heart is in trouble? The answer is NO. Women typically have symptoms that are NOT related to chest pain. Do you know what symptoms to look out for?
- Neck, jaw, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in one or both arms
- Nausea or vomiting
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Unusual fatigue
Symptoms for women MOST often happen…
- When you’re sleeping
- Hanging out and relaxing on the couch
- At stressful times
Women typically arrive to the hospital…
- AFTER damage was done to their heart
- Second-guessing their symptoms
- Apologizing for the medical visit/appointment (thinking it’s probably nothing…)
- Not thinking it’s a heart attack since chest pain isn’t a symptom (or a minor one)
Heart Health Do’s…and Dont’s
Educate YOURSELF… Be Smart about your Heart!
After attending the American Heart Association #ClevelandGoesRed luncheon and learning more about heart health and risk factors (especially for women) with other bloggers, I could-not-believe that I was so clueless about heart health. Time for women to crush it KNOWING the signs and symptoms and speak up when things feel funky.
- Stress less…
- Give MORE gratitude…
- Walk it off…and exercise
- Be mindful in the moment…
- Listen to your body (know the warning signs)
- Be unapologetic about taking charge of your heart health
Spead the WORD!
How CUTE is this tee? Cleveland Has Heart. Fresh Brewed Tees created this cutie and YOU can get one HERE to support women and heart health!
When you buy a LIMITED EDITION tee, you are giving back to the The American Heart Association for #ClevelandGoesRed. Your purchase helps support the fight against heart disease and stroke. Show your support – especially since February is Heart Health month!
What surprised YOU about women’s heart health?
And… what changes will you make to your lifestyle now?
Thanks to the American Heart Association (Cleveland chapter) and Citrus Social for inviting me to the #ClevelandGoesRed luncheon! An EXTRA thanks to Nicole Fazio for styling my hair for the event… book her in Cleveland HERE!
The post #ClevelandGoesRed: Ladies, Is Your Heart Health at Risk? appeared first on Glam Karen.