Dive Watches for Women
Divers needs to keep a check on essentials like oxygen consumption, depth of their Dive and time. This is where Dive Watches play their role for women divers. These watches are equipped with diving essentials and are an intriguing fashion statement as well. To diving suit needs a complimenting and well equipped diving watch. Scuba diving is an amazing sport and so should be the watch you are wearing while you scuba dive. The dive watches for women are specially meant for women who are into scuba diving as these watches have protection against water.
Main elements to consider:
- You need to choose your diving watch based on its importance. If it’s a secondary timing device, it’s alright. But you need to get a high end and absolutely reliable dive watch if it is going to be your primary timing device.
- Not all watches have the same specifications. You need to base your decision of choosing a dive watch while considering if you would just be scuba diving for fun, or is it professional diving in greater depths.
The main element that discriminates dive watches for women from other watches is their water resistance. The grade of a dive watch depends on its water resistance intensity. Watches with lower water resistance are meant to avoid water damage from rain or water spills, whereas, watches with greater water resistance are specially designed for water sports and professional diving.
People often confuse the term “water resistance” with “water proof”. Always remember that there is no such thing as a water proof watch. Sooner or later the watch is going to get damaged as soon as the resistance level is crossed.
- 100 feet water resistance: Watches that have up to 100 feet water resistance are meant for daily routine. These are comparatively weaker and are only meant to resist water spills or rain.
- 150 feet and above resistance: These are comparatively stronger water resistant watches that can even withstand showers and light water interaction.
- 300+ feet water resistance: Starting from 300 feet resistance, these watches are meant for water sports. The watches with even higher water resistance are the ones that can be used for diving purposes.
Standards of Dive watches for women:
Dive watches come into market after careful analysis and strict tests regarding their water resistance properties. They are thoroughly checked if they are able to maintain their strength against high pressures and temperatures. Dive watches for women must have a water resistance of at least 350 feet.
- Scuba Diving standards:
Scuba diving is a serious water sport and the standards are higher for scuba diving watches. These watches should have at least a resistance of 20 ATM, 200m or 600 feet. The standards of such watches should agree with the international standards.
- Deep sea/Professional diving:
As you dive into greater depths, the helium saturation increases as well. You may face prolonged exposure and mixed water gas environment. For such conditions your dive watch must have a water resistance ranging from 3000 feet or 1000 meters as the pressure down there is quite intense. Professional diving watches for woman are often equipped with luminescence, anti-magnetism, shock resistance and helium escape valve.
Consider other factors as well:
Dive watches for women should not only be water and temperature resistance but they also need to comprise of other features such as:
- Extension straps:
Dive watches can be worn under your diving suit or over it. They might fit your bare wrist but be tight if you try to wear them over your wet suit. This is why dive watches must have strap extensions so that they can be adjusted accordingly.
Dive watches for women should be able to withstand shocks, corrosion, rust and wet minerals. Materials like resin, rubber, stainless steel and titanium are pretty effective in this regard.
There’s low light in deep water which is why dive watches should comprise of luminous displays supported with clear faces. This allows the diver to easily observe the readings in deep water.
Top 5 Dive Watches for women:
Here’s a list of top 5 dive watches for women that are loaded with features that meet the purpose.
- Luminox White Leather Strap Dive Watch
Luminox is renowned for their rugged but stylish watch collection made for the outdoors.
This model looks great above and below water and some of the features include:
- Leather strap
- Rotating time bezel
- Crystal face (scratch resist)
- 200 meter depth resistance
The Cressi Manta comprises of a unidirectional bezel that allows easy and effective reading of dive time. The hands of the watch are fluorescent, making them visible even in low lights. Cressi Manta shows the time with precision as it has a Quartz mechanism. Other features include:
- 330 feet water resistance
- Adjustable rubber strap
- Stainless bracelet
- Strong case (stainless steel)
- Crystal face (scratch resistant)
- Reactor Poseidon Titanium LE:
This is one of the strongest and most durable dive watches for women. Its ultimate strength comes from solid titanium casing and screw bar attachments for straps. This watch optimizes its display in low light with its Superliminova dial markings and titanium tube hands. The limited edition Reactor Poseidon Titanium LE has an impressive water resistance tested up to 3300 feet. The box contains a rubber strap as well as a titanium bracelet.
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Depth Meter Chronograph
This Citizen Dive watch is ranked amongst the most well-featured dive watches in the world. A very powerful watch that has the ability to run of power absorbed from light. It has the following extra-ordinary features that allow it to stand amongst the best dive watches for women:
- Screw back case
- Crystal display (Non-reflective)
- Screw down crown
- Depth tracking (125 feet)
- Depth memory for maximum depth reached
- Eco-drive power system
- Water resistance (650+ feet)
- Polyurethane strap
- Oris Pro-Diver Pointer Moon:
The Oris Pro Diver Pointer Moon watch is built for the professional divers that take it seriously deep water. This dive watch for women comes fully loaded with:
- Sapphire Crystal coating (anti-reflective)
- Ceramic bezel
- Titanium casing
- Meter/Feet scale
- Lunar cycle indication
- Tidal range indication (southern or northern)
- Water Resistance (3300 feet)
- Tissot Sea-Touch:
The Tissot Sea-Touch is a dive watch only meant for water sports to a normal extent. It is not at all built to stand high water and gas pressure for deep professional diving. Its features include:
- Screw down crown
- Swiss quartz mechanism
- Rubber protected buttons
- Crystal display (touch receptive)
- Log book for divers
- Digital chronograph
- Water resistance (330 feet).
This is all you need to know about dive watches for women. Whether you are buying one as a gift or for yourself, make sure that you have thoroughly gone through the above mentioned details and get an accordingly suitable dive watch.
The post Dive Watches For Ladies – LWG Top Picks appeared first on Ladies Watch Guide.