Digital Marketing has equipped the modern businessman with several tools for Advertising, each of which comes with its unique set of features and advantages. PPC or Paid Per Click Advertising is one such tool which has gained a lot of popularity over the last few years. It is a pretty simple concept that involves very less investment and helps you reach your targeted audience over the internet.
What is PPC?
It is one of the ways of online advertising where someone purchases on search engine result pages (SERP) through sponsored links that you have placed on another website, blog or content site. Needless to say, it is a paid medium of advertising and you need to pay a small amount to the web page that hosts your ad according to the number of clicks that route a visitor from the original web page to the landing page of your business – hence the name, pay per click. These are basically ads that you create so that you can divert users to your website.
Advantages of PPC
There are several reasons to choose Ppc Advertising services for your business. It is a great option to complement your business’ inbound marketing efforts and give you maximum coverage. Here are the top reasons why you should choose a PPC Campaign for your online advertising needs:
- You only pay when it works: For a majority of advertising strategies, you will first need to invest and pay the firm you are outsourcing the ad to, upfront. Whether or not the ad campaign gets you any results, you still end up making an investment, sometimes quite a substantial one. The advantage with PPC is that you only pay if you get results. If you place an ad on another web page and a viewer clicks the ad which takes him to your landing page, that is when you pay the owner of the web page and you only pay him for the number of organic clicks that his web page got you. If no clicks were routed from the web page, you are not supposed to do anything at all.
- PPC campaigns are quick to setup: Launching a PPC ad campaign is relatively easier and quicker. It is only a matter of minutes. Even if you think you don’t know how to set up a PPC campaign, there are plenty of resources all over the internet. Wikihow.com is one such popular resource that will guide you in setting up a PPC campaign without any hassle.
- Cost and Budget: For the reason that you only pay when it work, the PPC methodology gives you quite the control over your budget also because you get to decide how much you want to pay for the clicks from different keywords, devices, locations etc. It is also low-maintenance advertising. Once you have your PPC ad up and running, there is hardly anything else that you need to do. If you have created a good campaign, you can sit back and relax as the clicks get routed to your website from every web page you placed your ad on. There are also some PPC service providers like rubysearchsolutions.com who will do all the work for you from start to finish and you don’t even have to lift a finger. Not only is the investment low, you can choose how much you want to spend in a day and can change it anytime. Of course, on a limited budget, you only get limited results. The fact that if you don’t have a carefully drafted plan on how you are going to spend your money, you may end up losing more than you gain and drain your budget, also hold true. Although, it is a cost-effective strategy it does take planning. What you should be doing is:
- You should start with a small plan rather than investing all of it together. You can invest more when it seems to work
- If you are not familiar with AdWords, Facebook or Bing ads, it is best to hire a professional to set up a campaign for you.
- Optimize your campaign to achieve good results at lower costs.
- It levels the playing field: PPC ads level the playing field for all kinds of businesses. Small businesses stand as good a chance as a bigger one when it comes to winning a keyword bid or placing high on the SERP, if they choose the right keywords, create an optimized campaign and fully utilize all the targeting tools.
- Targeted Advertising: PPC advertising gives you complete control over where you want your ads to appear. In this way, you can choose to place your ads in places where you know your targeted audience hangs out. You can choose your audience to reach your targeted demographic based on language, location, gender, age using the geo-targeting feature of the PPC ad. The geo-targeting lets you choose where your ad should be displayed. You can target multiple cities, states or countries or even ban certain areas where you don’t want your ad to be visible. You can even choose the time of the day or week when you know there will be a higher number of people logging onto the web page where you plan to run your campaign. Some PPC vendors like Google AdWords also let you input your address directly into your ads, which makes it even more relevant to the searchers. This dramatically increases your click-through-rate.
You can also choose to schedule your ads to appear during your exact working hours and have them disable during the hours that you don’t operate. This again lets you make sure that the people looking for those exact working hours get to see your ad. Scheduling is especially helpful for local businesses that operate around steady working hours.
Being able to choose these factors will ensure that the clicks you receive will turn into conversions. You can run PPC ads on web pages that are relevant to your business so that you will be placing the ad in front of a well-targeted pool of potential buyers. You can also assign different ad copies for specific keywords and increase the quality of website traffic as you are able to reach your targeted demographic. To optimize your targeted advertising you can also schedule your ads to run during the best sales times and in specific geographic regions. You have the chance to target only those people that want your particular offering which translates as better conversion rates for you.
- Testing Capabilities for tracking results: PPC advertising comes with rich functionality and reporting suites. PPC provides low-risk testing for keywords. This enables you to determine the worth of a full site optimization campaign. You can also determine which kind of landing page is better for your business so that for the next campaign you can decide which page you can direct your audience to, in order to attain maximum conversion. You can measure almost every aspect of your PPC campaign. You can keep a track on the impressions that you get, the number of clicks, visits and much more such metrics. This lets you keep a tight hold on all the facts and figures which give you a lot of flexibility.
- Flexibility to change your campaign: When you are able to continuously track the results, you can easily change your game plan when you see that one campaign isn’t working as well as expected, refine your strategy and start a new campaign. You can try different slogans, different logos, different landing pages and check out first hand as to which one works the best. You can edit, test and optimize your ads to bring maximum results. You can change what message you want to send out and what you want your targeted audience to see. It helps you understand which part of the branding strategy works best for you and is most effective. You also get to know where you are lacking and refine things the next time around until you get the maximum return on investments.
- PPC advertising provides immediate traffic: Since setting up of a PPC is quick and easy, you can start seeing results immediately. You can expect people to click on your ad and visit your website within about an hour of the launch of your PPC campaign. This makes it ideal for start-ups and new websites.
- It Provides consistent Traffic: PPC not only provides immediate traffic, but it also gives you the advantage of getting traffic consistently. You can easily up the budget limits on your campaign and watch consistent traffic be directed to your website. The bigger the budget, the more the traffic influx.
- It Provides First exposure on top of the most popular search engines: For any business that intends to succeed online, it needs to make sure that their website appears on the search results of the top search engines namely Google, Yahoo, and Bing. To be more specific you need to appear on the top 5 of the search results as any customer hardly goes beyond the first five pages. As your ranking goes on decreasing, so do your chances of getting good conversions. The best way to place your website on the top of the search results is to invest in a PPC ad campaign.
- Better reach and results: PPC advertising give you the option of enabling search networks and display network so that your campaign can reach more people. You must have seen so many ads that are displayed on different parts of several websites. Imagine how many people those ads are able to reach. On the upside, these are google sponsored ads which give them another advantage that they get posted on some of the most popular websites there are on the internet. You too can have your ad listed on the Google network and gain maximum visibility.
- PPC data can inform your other marketing channels: If you have more than one marketing channel, the data that is generated using PPC ad campaigns can be very useful for you to develop strategies for other marketing channels. For example, it will tell your SEO team if one particular keyword or a set of keywords has shown good conversion rates. It also allows you to run a quick trial on the market when you launch a new product or offering and gauge the demand for it so that you can see how it is being welcomed into the market and make changes or upgrades if necessary. Oddball events or other things where other forms of advertising are not the best way forward can be captured using PPC advertising.
- Maximize the return on investment: Because of the fact that you pay only when you get clicked, you have your costs in control and can track conversions and determine your ROI. You can calculate your cost-per-conversion which can be valuable information when you want to make a comparison of PPC versus other marketing strategies that you plan to use. You get accurate data and extensive tracking. All of these factors will help to streamline your efforts into a strategy that gives you the maximum return on your investment.
We are using Google Adwords for instance to promote our WordPress Themes. And while starting a campaign is not always easy, you need to look at the long term. Building brand awareness is important and you need to let your potential customers know that you have great products and PPC is a great way to do so.
There is no doubt that PPC can drive visitors to your website and potentially grab the customers. However, like any other tool, you will need to be meticulous about it. If you do not have any brand awareness or value proposition, you can attract only visitors but will not be able to convert them into buyers. If you want to increase the value and relevance of your PPC campaign you will need to add some intelligence into your PPC campaign. If you do not have the team for it, then it is best to outsource it to a professional who specializes in this area and can handle the complexities of the ad campaign. If you use the right tools and the right marketing strategy, you can certainly get the results worth it.
The post Why You Should Choose PPC Advertising Services for Your Business appeared first on PremiumCoding.
This post first appeared on PremiumCoding - WordPress Themes, Tutorials, Artic, please read the originial post: here