SMS Based Information Broadcasting and Incident Reporting with Decision Support and Mobile Application System
Objective of the Study
This Study focuses on making a centralized system in broadcasting information and at the same time receiving incident reports from the community. Specifically, this study aims to accomplish the following:
- To create a SMS gateway that will be able to receive and process information from the people of Barangay;
- To have a centralized information system in disseminating important news and other relevant information from the barangay officials to the community;
- To prevent misinformation regarding news and updates from the barangay due to hearsays; and
- To develop a database system that will record all incidents reported by the people in the community to generate graphs and summary on different incidents.
- To help the barangay for notifying large quantity of people in more efficient, reliable and faster way.
Significance of the Study
The study will be beneficial to the following:
People of Barangay
Calamities, incidents or any information from the Barangay Officials for the community can easily be disseminated without having the people visit the Barangay Hall and this can also minimize the spread of incorrect information
SMS broadcasting will allow Barangay Officials to easily inform the people of Barangay with important notices. They can easily be informed also regarding incidents within the barangay.
This may serve as guide to future researchers who will conduct a similar study to this and a reference for further study.
System Decomposition of SMS Broadcasting.
Admin – Full Access
- Create, Update, Delete Records (Officials and Residents Info and contact)
- Print Reports
Staff Users – Limited Access
- Create, Update Records (Needs Approval of the Admin)
Security and Database
- Back-up and Restore Options
- Every user shall have its own username and password
Notification and Messaging Module
- All registered numbers on the system will receive notification from the authorized personnel of the barangay.
- Messages from unregistered number shall be considered as fake or false message unless verified by the officials of barangay.
The following are the expected DSS main features:
- Minimal time of retrieving the records/reports
- Reports are presented in a graphical manner in which that can be easily interpreted by the end-user that can help them in decision making.
It is a system that can provide record keeping, easy data retrieval, a monthly and annual or real time statistical reports, and of course graphical representation of comparative data essential in decision making. The system will be designed as dynamic as possible; meaning all of the necessary reports needed by the barangay will be carried out.
Less user intervention.
You can set a scheduled report and send it via sms.
C#.net, MySQL, iTexMo SMS API, Framework7, Apache Cordova