Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has published a remarkable new response in his ongoing feud with the National Enquirer, accusing the publication and its parent company of extortion just weeks after it exposed his alleged relationship with a woman outside his marriage.
In a post on Medium on Thursday, his first ever, Bezos said something “unusual” happened to him yesterday, when he was confronted by representatives from the tabloid. The Enquirer was seeking to get Bezos to call off an independent investigation he had launched, which was reported on by The Washington Post, into how the tabloid gained access to his private text messages with Lauren Sanchez, the woman he has allegedly been seeing.
Bezos said Enquirer owner AMI approached him and said they had more of his text messages and photos that they would publish if we Bezos did not stop his investigation.
“In the AMI letters I’m making public, you will see the precise details of their extortionate proposal,” Bezos wrote. “They will publish the personal photos unless Gavin de Becker and I make the specific false public statement to the press that we ‘have no knowledge or basis for suggesting that AMI’s coverage was politically motivated or influenced by political forces.'”
Bezos said the communications, which provide explicit descriptions of photos allegedly obtained by the Enquirer, “cement AMI’s long-earned reputation for weaponizing journalistic privileges, hiding behind important protections, and ignoring the tenets and purpose of true journalism.
“Of course I don’t want personal photos published,” Bezos added. “But I also won’t participate in their well-known practice of blackmail, political favors, political attacks, and corruption. I prefer to stand up, roll this log over, and see what crawls out.”
Here are details from one letter, which Bezos shared on Medium:
In addition to the “below the belt selfie — otherwise colloquially known as a ‘d*ck pick’” — The Enquirer obtained a further nine images. These include:
· Mr. Bezos face selfie at what appears to be a business meeting.
· Ms. Sanchez response — a photograph of her smoking a cigar in what appears to be a simulated oral sex scene.
· A shirtless Mr. Bezos holding his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring. He’s wearing either tight black cargo pants or shorts — and his semi-erect manhood is penetrating the zipper of said garment.
· A full-length body selfie of Mr. Bezos wearing just a pair of tight black boxer-briefs or trunks, with his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring.
· A selfie of Mr. Bezos fully clothed.
· A full-length scantily-clad body shot with short trunks.
· A naked selfie in a bathroom — while wearing his wedding ring. Mr. Bezos is wearing nothing but a white towel — and the top of his pubic region can be seen.
· Ms. Sanchez wearing a plunging red neckline dress revealing her cleavage and a glimpse of her nether region.
· Ms. Sanchez wearing a two-piece red bikini with gold detail dress revealing her cleavage.
It would give no editor pleasure to send this email. I hope common sense can prevail — and quickly.
This story is developing, check back for updates.
The post Jeff Bezos attacks National Enquirer for ‘extortion and blackmail’ over threat to publish compromising photos appeared first on Quick Site goodreads.