There are many things you should consider before designing a website. But there are some do’s and don’ts should keep in mind, will aid you in having a successful website design. In order to simplify this task, I’ve prepared a list of do’s and don’ts for every web designer.
First, the do’s
1. Choose a Service Based Domain Name
A domain name is like a name of a store that offers services: it can either give a sign to customers, what your website if all about or what type of services it offers. And invite customers to come and go through the website. When choosing a domain name for your website, pick one that's inviting, catchy and memorable.
2. Design Easy-To-Use Clear Navigation
Design your navigation in a way that gets Visitors where they want to go. Remember the “Three Click Rule”. This means that your viewers should never be more than three clicks away from what they are looking for.
3. Make Your Readers Search To Find Something
Make the more important information stand out. This can be done by using bigger and bolder headings. You might want to invest in a search box – I HATE when websites don’t have a search box. Web design 101 maybe?
4. Provide A Similar User - Experience, Regardless of the Device
Today there are more than 5 billion devices running web browsers. Means visitors are coming to your site through their desktop or laptop, tablet, phone, music player or even their watches. A big part of UX design is ensuring that no matter how the visitor sees your site, all vital information will be displayed correctly on different screen sizes.
5. Add Business Review Page
Do add a business review to your website homepage – prospects, like to know what previous clients had to say about your services.
6. Add Social Media Buttons
Add social buttons and business blogs link to grow your brand awareness and publish fresh content on the website.
1. Don’t take those domain names into consideration that is easy to misspell or embarrassing. Long, Keyword-stuffed domains with hyphens are poor choices as well.
2. Don’t let visitors move quickly through Web pages. If the information is buried several pages deep in your site or located somewhere that require getting lots of clicks, it can and will frustrate visitors. Always try to keep your visitors happy by making your site easy to navigate.
3. Don’t repeat the same information on every page.
4. Don’t Forget to test website, how it looks on mobile devices, tablets, and across several internet browsers.
5. Don’t execute old clients testimonials from your site, 72% of consumers trust online recommendations as much as personals ones.
6. Don’t forget to create social media business pages.
When people visit your websites, they expect excellent user experience. If you are not satisfying their needs, they’ll simply move to your competition, which might be just a click away. That’s why with every website design decision, you should think what’s best for the visitor and what not.
Contact SpencerKinney | A Menomonie Web Development Agency that offers best & reliable web design & development service in US/Canada.
This post first appeared on Top 7 Factors Should Consider During Wed Development, please read the originial post: here