Nintendo Switch had a successful debut year
In Japan, they enjoy video games as much as we do, however, it is clear that their preferences are a little different from ours. This is why we think you will be interested to know which games were sold in Japan last fiscal year (ie, between April 1, 2017, and March 31, 2018). As you imagine, it is a list made up of titles developed by companies from the country of the rising sun.
According to Famitsu reports, Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon were the best selling games of the year with 2,198,231 copies sold. Following the steps are Splatoon 2 and Monster Hunter World, 2 titles that had a huge impact on the Japanese market.
Do you want to know the 10 best-selling games of the last fiscal year? Then check the list that we share below:
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - 2,198.23 copies.
- Splatoon 2 - 2,146,190 copies.
- Monster Hunter World - 1,917,492 copies.
- Dragon Quest XI (3DS) - 1,763,948 copies.
- Super Mario Odyssey - 1,613,076 copies.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 1,397,018 copies.
- Dragon Quest XI (PS4) - 1,353,432 copies.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 563,274 copies.
- Yokai Watch Busters 2 - 491,779 copies.
- Monster Hunter XX - 417,119 copies.
The publication also revealed that Nintendo Switch was the most popular console of the last fiscal year. As we told you before, the hybrid console already sold more than 4 million units in this country, of which 3,512,773 were sold after its first month in the market. Following the steps are the PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo 3DS.
- Nintendo Switch - 3,512,773 copies.
- PlayStation 4 - 2,036,011 copies.
- Nintendo 3DS - 1,410,312 copies.
- PlayStation Vita - 271,716 copies.
- Xbox One - 16,212 copies.
Thanks to the above, the Japanese consoles market grew 129% compared to last year. The best of all is that it is the second consecutive year in which it shows growth. This comes after for a long time it was considered that the Japanese public no longer had an interest in home consoles.
Follow here, in Gaming News 24.