Unruly Heroes, a 2D platformer inspired by the Chinese classic Journey to the West and developed by Montpellier-based
Magic Design Studios, whose staff consist of former Ubisoft developers, is now available for Xbox One, Switch, and PC. The PlayStation 4 version is still in development and will launch in 2019, Magic Design Studios told Gematsu.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Madcap Action, Martial Arts, Monkey King and More!
The sacred scroll preserving harmony in our world has been torn up and scattered to the winds. Now, strange and terrifying creatures are sowing discord and chaos throughout the land.Only four totally opposed, implausible Heroes can turn back the tide: Sanzang the wise, Wukong the fearless monkey, Kihong the greedy pig, and Sandmonk the sensitive brute.
On their journey westward, they will travel to fantastical worlds to gather the pieces of the scroll and fight an army of evil creatures.
Or they’ll try, anyway!
- Experience the legend of the Monkey King, solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local play.
- Master the combined strength of four different heroes by learning to use the best one for each new encounter and challenge.
- Test your reflexes against an assortment of challenging enemies and intimidating bosses.
- Possess your enemies to harness their strength and abilities.
- Explore different worlds spanning a colorful fantasy universe, solving puzzles and overcoming unexpected obstacles.
- Immerse yourself in spectacular art, animation, and sound.
- Fight against your friends in local or online player-versus-player.
Watch the launch trailer below.
The post Journey to the West-inspired 2D Platformer Unruly Heroes now available for Xbox One, Switch, and PC, launches in 2019 for PS4 appeared first on FlowingGame.com.