One of the advantages of the colder weather are all the different kinds of Berries available at the markets – Strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, blackberries and raspberries. These are fabulous to wash, dry and freeze in little zip lock pouches to use in smoothies, over breakfast oats or, in cakes and muffins!
- Wholemeal Self Raising Unbleached Flour – 2 cups
- Xylitol or, Coconut Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Soy Milk – 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1/2 tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mixed Berries – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin pan with paper wrappers and set aside.
- Combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and allow to curdle.
- Dry whisk the flour and xylitol until well mixed.
- Pour in the soy milk mixture along with the oil into the dry mix above.
- Mix using a wooden spoon with gentle strokes and add in the oil. Essential to not over mix and, some lumps are fine.
- Fold the mixed berries in carefully and evenly distrubute through the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan filling each wrapper up to the 2/3 red mark.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 – 20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy the muffins warm or cold, they taste equally good! Please do tell me what your favourite berries are in the comments section 😊