- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour (substitute with gluten free blend in case of allergies) – 1½ cups
- Fine Chickpea/ Gram Flour (Besan, from the Indian store) – 2 tablespoons
- Powdered Xylitol – ¾ cup
- Green Cardamom Seeds, roasted and finely powdered – 1 teaspoon
- Dairy Free Spread (I used plain Nuttelex) – ¾ cup
- Preheat the oven to to 180º Celsius and line a flat tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flours, xylitol and cardamom powder.
- Rub the non diary spread into the dry mixture till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Knead into a smooth dough for a few minutes.
- Take 1 tablespoonful of the dough and roll into smooth round balls.
- Place these on the prepared tray.
- Bake on a fan forced setting for 15 – 18 minutes. The bottom of the biscuits should look golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray for atleast half an hour.
- Store in airtight box once cooled.
These shortbread are very moreish and don’t last long. Enjoy!