Sabudana khichdi is simple and easy to make. However, sabudana is mainly used in indian cooking during fasting period but it also make its place as any day quick Snacks or breakfast. Make sure your Sabudana is properly soaked and drained to get a perfect pearls.So, lets gets started.
- 1 cup sabudana soaked in water for 5-6 hours
- 1/4 cup peanuts roasted
- 2-3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 cup boiled potato diced.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- salt to taste
- Put the soaked sabudana in a strainer to get the excess water out of it.
- Using mortar and pestle crush the peanuts coarsely.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or kadhai, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add green chilli and potatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Add sabudana, salt, black pepper and peanuts. Mix them and stir for few seconds.
- Put lid on for 30 second and then stir again.
- Repeat step 6 for 2-3 times.
- Garnish with lemon juice & coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Filed under: breakfast, Recipes, snacks /, snacks / Chaat, vegan, vegetarian