Gopalkala Recipe – A healthy delicious and no cook dish made with flattened rice,yogurt ,cucumber and few spices specially for Janmashtami .
Krishna Janmashtmi is the celebration to mark the birth of Lord Krishna and is enjoyed all over India especially in Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. On the occasion of Janmashtmi most people fast all day and the celebrations start at midnight. There are some special sweet and savory dishes usually offered as prasad and are characteristic of Janmashtmi celebrations.
Janmastmi preparations are almost done in most of the houses . There are so many sweet and savory items made to celebrate lord krishna’s birth anniversary. I always made Mewa Ka Paag , Phool makhana Ki Kheer and Kalakand for sweet and Sabudana vada , crisp falahari Kuttu ki poori , Buff Vada for savoury and Aloo Lachcha Namkeen is a must too.
Gopalkala is a recipe from the state of Maharashtra and now popular all over India. Gopalkala is the festival of Dahi handi in Maharashtra and this recipe is made and offered to God on this day and this Gopalkala is filled in that dahi handi also. Gopalkala is a very simple,delicious no cook recipe . It is a mix of puffed rice ,flattened rice ,milk,yogurt ,cucumber, fruits and few basic spices. All the lord krishna’s favorite food items are incorporated in this dish. So do make this Gopalkala this Janmashtami for bhagwan krishnas Naivadhya !
- 1cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1cup Poha / Pressed Rice
- 1/3cup puffed rice /murmura
- 1/2cup Milk
- 1cup Cucumber / Kheera / Kakdi
- 3tbsp Pomegranate pearls /Anar ka danaoptional
- 1.5tbsp Bengal gram /chana daalsoaked for 2 hours
- 1tsp sugar
- 3tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- totaste Salt / Namak
- 2tsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kajuoptional
- 2 Green chili/hari mirchfinely chopped
- 2tsp Ginger / Adrakfinely chopped
- Addition of cashew nut and pomegranate is optional but don't skip cucumber.
- You can also add chopped banana,guava and apples in it .
The post Gopalkala Recipe, How to make GopalKala for Krishna Janmashtami appeared first on Maayeka. Indian home recipes - just like Maayeka!