A healthy aromatic and colorful pilaf for Valentine day !!
I was planning to make some thing nice and different for Valentine day,may be a Rice preparation as every one loves rice, But I have already shared- Vegetable Biryani pulao , Kathal Biryani , and very flavourful Dill and pea rice and many more recipe .Suddenly I remember this Fruity Rice Pulao recipe which I created for a magazine last year and was lying in my draft since then so I thought that it is a perfect recipe to make on valentine day as it is simple to make but looks so beautiful .
This Fruity Rice pulao is also good for kids as it is mildly spiced and have the fruits which kids often loves ,you can also pack this pilaf in kids lunchboxes .They will surely finish it in the school.
- CourseKids Friendly, Main Course, Tiffin recipes
- CuisineInternational Cuisine
- 3/4cup Basmati Rice
- 4slice Pineapple / Annanastinned
- 2 kiwichopped
- 1cup Red bell pepper /Shimla mirchchopped
- 1cup Green bell pepper /shimla mirchchopped
- 3/4cup Pomegranate pearls /Anar ka dana
- 1tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 4tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- ToTaste Salt / Namak
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Chop pineapple in small pieces.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- Now add cumin ,cinnamon and cloves in it.
- When cumin start to crackle then add chopped pineapple pieces and give a nice stir.
- Drain water from the soaked rice and then add in the pan.
- Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup pineapple juice (which we get in the tin of the pineapple slices) salt,chili flake and give it a boil.
- Then cover the pan with a lid and simmer till done (don't over cook )
- Remove from the flame and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the chopped bell peppers, pinch of salt and stir fry for about a minute.
- Now add cooked rice in the stir fried bell peppers and mix gently.
- Now Switch off the flame and then add pomegranate pearls and kiwi.
- Mix gently and serve .
Note- can use butter instead of cooking oil.
The post Fruity Rice Pulao appeared first on Maayeka. Indian home recipes - just like Maayeka!