Ok, so you’ve got your vegan Christmas main meal sorted, but what about the starter? It’s not Christmas if you’re not about to fall into a food coma, so a starter is a must.
This roasted Butternut Squash and red pepper pate is delish. It’s basically just veggies, so it’s the perfect light start to your meal, packed full of nutrients, before you head into all the yummy bad stuff.
Unfortunately for me in my small little apartment, I don’t have a food processor, and if I got one, wouldn’t have anywhere to put it. So I pureed this with my nutribullet. This did mean I didn’t get as smooth a consistency as I wanted, but it was still great. So keep that in mind when you’re making yours; depending on what you use to blend the ingredients will depend on how smooth your pate is.
I put these in fairly large ramekins, and realistically it’s probably way too much for a starter. It would make about 4 large potions, and about 8 smaller potions, so it’s going to depend on what you use.
This can be made 1 or 2 days before needed and kept covered in the fridge. It should also last a good couple of days after, so you could always make some more for Boxing Day. Serve with delicious crusty bread and vegan butter and you’re good to go!
Vegan Roast Red Pepper and Butternut Squash Pâté
- Half a butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 red peppers, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Step 1 Begin by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees
- Step 2 On a baking tray, put your cubed butternut squash, drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil and season
- Step 3 Put in the oven for 20 minutes
- Step 4 After 20 minutes, add your chopped red peppers and place in the oven for another 20 minutes
- Step 5 Whilst your butternut squash and red pepper are roasting, heat your remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
- Step 6 Add your chopped onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Remove from the heat and set aside
- Step 7 Once both the butternut squash and red pepper are roasted, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Step 8 In a blender, place your roast butternut squash and red pepper, as well as your onion and garlic mix and seasoning
- Step 9 Blend until smooth
- Step 10 Once smooth, place in ramekins, cover and leave in the fridge to set
- Step 11 Serve!
- Step 12 As mentioned above, this can be made a couple of days in advance and then serve when needed.
The post Roasted Red Pepper and Butternut Squash Vegan Pâté (Vegan Christmas Series) appeared first on The Rose and Bean.