I’ve made these Rocky Roads a couple of times and toyed with the idea of putting them on here. They just seemed so simple that it didn’t seem worth it. However, on taking some spare ones to work and everyone absolutely loving them, I felt it was only right to share the recipe.
As I’ve just said these are SO easy. As in, there is literally no way you can mess these up. You melt some chocolate, throw in the toppings, mix and put in the fridge. It takes about 5 minutes and if you’re stuck on time and need something to take to a friends house, this is the recipe for you.
Does this actually constitute a rocky road? I’m not sure, but it seemed fitting so I’m rolling with it.
Feel free to get creative with this and put in whatever you want or have lying around the house. A biscuit, something chewy and some type of fruit works well. Here I’ve done Oreo biscuits, Vegan marshmallows and glacé cherrie. In the past, I’ve also made some honeycomb and added that in. If you’d like to make your own, head on over to my unicorn honeycomb lollipop recipe to find out how to make your own honeycomb (just omit the white chocolate). Experiment with different biscuits too. Biscoff biscuits are particularly delicious in this recipe as well.
I’d love to see your variations so let me know how you get on.
Vegan Rocky Roads
- 400g vegan dark chocolate
- 100g vegan mini marshmallows
- 150g glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- 150g vegan biscuits (I used Oreos in this version, but biscoff work really well too)
- Step 1 Break your chocolate into a heat proof bowl
- Step 2 Melt your chocolate in the microwave over a medium heat, in 30 second intervals. Be careful it does not burn
- Step 3 Once melted, add in your marshmallows and glacé cherries
- Step 4 Break in your biscuits (I just broke them into small pieces with my hands)
- Step 5 Stir everything together until well combined
- Step 6 Line a baking tin with non-stick parchment paper
- Step 7 Pour in your chocolate mixture and flatten with a spatula
- Step 8 Place in the fridge for a couple of hours, until hardened
- Step 9 Remove and cut into squares
- Step 10 Serve! (Keep refrigerated until needed)
The post Vegan Rocky Roads appeared first on The Rose and Bean.