Sony today have announced the brand new PXW-FS7 at IBC 2014. Clearly a replacement for the successful FS700, the FS7 features s35mm sensor, internal 4K recording at 60fps and 180fps at 1080p. Price tag of $8000 or €6000.
- Super 35mm Sensor
- UHD 3840 x 2160 at launch (DCI 4K is planned for early 2015)
- Dynamic Range: 14 Stops
- Base Sensitivity: ISO 2000
- Internal 4K XAVC 10-bit 4:2:2 (Intra/Long GOP) up to 60fps
- 1080p up to 180fps
- MPEG HD, 4:2:2, 50 Mbps (HD only)
- Apple ProRes (with future upgrade and XDCA-FS7 extension unit)
- 4K RAW recording (with XDCA-FS7 extension unit and external recorder)
- Slow & Quick Motion for over-and under-cranking
- Dual XQD card slots (with dual recording support)
- Supports S-Gamut3Cine/S-Log 3 encoding
- Environmentally sealed electronics
- Wireless operation with CBK-WA100, sold separately
- Built-In ND Filters
- Sony BP-U Batteries
- Availability: October 2014 (XDCA-FS7 Extension Unit, VCT-FS7 15mm Rod System Available in December)
- Price: $8,000 with EVF and Hand Grip (XDCA-FS7 RAW Unit Less Than $2,500, VCT-FS7 15mm Less Than $1,200)
There is also an add on for recording Prores and RAW similar to the F5 and F55 external unit. Sony have also announced a new compatible E-mount lens, a 28-135mm f/4, which should be available from December 2014 at a list price of $2500 or available as part of a camera & lens package.
The post Sony Announce the S35mm PXW-FS7 180fps appeared first on Digital Cinematography.
This post first appeared on Digital Cinematography - News And Articles Blog About New Technology And The Advances In Digital Filmmaking, please read the originial post: here