I am like most other paladins a BS/JC, which I really believe has been the best combination so far. The fact that I actually wear plate is just a perk.
Yes, I am a very silly holy pally. Ahh, the days of noob-dom. =P
So talking about trends in TBC, in WotLK, the "new" has become pervasive and completely ubiquitous.
Of course, JC being such a dominant profession is backed up by its very nice benefits.
- Flexibility - You know how engineering usually better for PVPers and maybe some classes in PVE? JC is beneficial to everyone, regardless of their class/role or PVE/PVP because it stacks more of the stats you want
- Customization - Enchanting is a lucrative profession and it's nice to easily enchant anything but the rings only enchant AP, SP or stam, which are nice but not as customizable as the JC only gems with stats that you can stack such as res, spirit, strength, armor pen, etc.
- Money making potential - Even if you don't sell gems or cuts, you still do the JC daily!
Right now, I'm really happy with what I have heard so far about JC in Cataclysm. No danger signals (yet).
According to MMO Champion:
- New Jewelcrafting dailies will be introduced.
- Many cuts are being added to support the new Mastery stat.
- Some new Cataclysm jewelry recipes have completely random properties, and can sometimes create superior and epic versions.
- Jewelcrafters will have some fun new (and potentially lucrative) vanity items, including fist weapons, rhinestone sunglasses, monocles, and stardust (sprinkle on players for entertainment).
Hahaha, completely makes JC all worth it for me!
Since Blizzard is cracking down on the NDA stuff, I guess we won't be hearing too much about Cataclysm, which means not much about the content is too spoiled. I just hope we can hear enough about the game play and class changes to give constructive feedback to Blizzard. I think everyone is at "wait and see" in regards to the 10 versus 25 man raid changes.
Crossing fingers! Till next time!