|What's the secret to becoming a good actor?|
Agony Of Bollywood Strugglers
- I Want To Become Only Bollywood Actor | Is There A Secret Tip? Jagtap Patil
- Since childhood had a dream to become Bollywood actor. No TV serials. You don't earn the name, only money and that too after many years of struggle. Any shortcut? Gopu Nair
- Because of my blind dream to be like SRK without knowing anything, I lost time and money. How can I leave and go back to my home in Gorakhpur UP. Help. Ram Prasad
- I'm sure, I look and can act better than Salman Khan. I cry seeing their films. Help me to become another Salman Khan. Ganesh Prakash
- What is needed to become a good actor and how to meet them. Silviya D'souza
- Who is top 3 reliable casting director? Avinash Arora
- Among Thousands Can An Aspiring Actor Become A Bollywood Star? Shalini
Yes, Of course!
Here Are The Lasting 6 Fixes Unknown To Schools
Whether you are a beginner, a struggling or an experienced actor, your acting, and life goal is to meet your objective-Be A Great, Wealthy and Happy With Name and Fame
To achieve this goal, you are working hard day in and day out. But are you a successful great actor and happy?
Most of the actors NOT!
How To Achieve Your Cherished Dream To Be A Successful Actor?
What Are The Requirements?
- Good looks
- Good physique
- Good voice quality, breath control, range, diction, accent
- Excellent communication skills in Hindi and a reasonable ability to converse in English
- Good professional acting talent
- Impressive body language
- Finances to support long periods of instability without good income
- Ability to accept rejections
- Strong determination
- Able to struggle for a long time
- Patience in all situations
- Thick skin
- Good public relation skills
- Good networker
- Ready to learn till death
Know how to meet the above requirements. List down action required and plan to meet these requirements
-SWOT Analysis: Analyze your strengths, weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats to you
Know your type- who are you?
How To Develop An Excellent Acting Ability?
Through our Acting instrument
The acting instrument is
1. Body and 2. Mind
- This instrument of everybody is "SET", which creates in you an “Essence”, an archetype which makes you a unique human with different physical, mental and behavioral type and attitude. It's absolutely essential to know your type to help you to decide which "character type" can you portray and will prefer to for those auditions which need a character of your archetype.
- If a person has to perform a fictional role in a situation to meet the objective, a new interesting life, a new character has to be created after analyzing the situation. This new role must be played truthfully and convincingly.
- However, the biggest hurdle in this sincere endeavor is his “own self”, his essence, his/her “type”. The more an actor tries and forces self to act in the best possible way, more it looks an “acting” and fake. The actor’s “self” like his/her body language, voice, gestures, attitudes, emotions etc come in the way to transform convincing into a character which an actor has created by his/her imagination.
- Then, how an actor can transform into an authentic character which looks real?
Step 5How An Actor Can Neutralize And Free Him\Herself To Portray A New Life?
By Developing Acting Instrument (Body and Mind)
- A. Observe self. Who are you? Note down your
- Your Physical profile: height, weight, hair, face, eyes, mouth, skin, shoulder, chest, walk, gestures, voice, language, any physical abnormality, your style etc
- Your Mental profile: attitude types, emotions, intelligence etc
- Your Social Status: class (rich, middle class, poor), income, education, occupation, knowledge etc
My personal opinion is, though many may not agree is to create a new self- a blank slate or a page and may find it easier to try to fake or mimic a celebrity or an idol you worship, Your transformation may not be convincing, even if you are too good and talented mimicry master. Remember, you are acting for the camera and it can read your true self and so the viewers
And this conviction of mine is based on observing and analyzing world’s great actors, They are legends, a history-
Charles Chaplin, Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson, Daniel Day-Lewis, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins, Mohanlal (India), Kamal Haasan (India), Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Amitabh Bachchan (India)
Keep in mind, they are known today and would be remembered for generations first by their names and then by the characters they have played or awards they have won. However, these celebrities too focused on changing from “ self”- a common person, to transform and present an astonishing and highly creative performance giving a memorable character to the viewers thus lifting a film to incredible heights.
Remember, physical and mental tension, fear and doubtful about self, people (strangers), situations and future is no1 enemy to an actor
Simple home exercises to practice daily
Yoga-deep breathing, self-hypnotism and auto-suggestion techniques to be practiced either lying down or sitting (post)
- Focus on practicing every part of your body starting from scalp (moving it), eyebrows (arching), eyes (Staring, large, small, narrowing), moving face and mouth while creating wild sounds, rolling of neck, movements of shoulders, use and vigorous movements of hands and fingers while talking, waist, legs and different types of walks
- Special Movements
- general wide movements
- Expand and try to become big and bigger like a monster, contract and try to become small and smaller rolling into a small self on the ground
- Walk weirdly with absurd gestures and movements to free your fixed type and to free your joints
- Molding exercises for joints, fingers, transform into figures, sculptures, and objects
- Floating- on sea, space or on the moon
- Flying-against gravity, strong wind
- Radiating- sending rays through body parts like hands, fingers, eyes, exhaling and breathing out sharply
- Flowing on a river course (turbulence, calm waters)
- Creating beauty in body language (by gestures and movements of anything you do), even in voice (quality, breath control, range, diction, accent)
- Learn to free your physical type to be able to transform into a new life by learning dance, music, mimicry, martial arts
The Key: Develop the power of imagination
1.Observation: Set time for observing very keenly people, birds, animals, objects at public places like the bus stop, garden. metro rail stations, zoo, museums etc.
2. Create stories on observed characters- ask questions on their life and create replies self thus building scenes
3. Then play these created stories self-being one of the character in the story you created for the object you observed
Write down few random 7 words in big fonts on a piece of paper like
- and so on, one below the other
Now perform telling and showing the scene in front of an imaginary audience
Develop the power of listening
Learn from Sanford Meisner's acting technique- The Reality Of Doing and practice "Listen and React Truthfully" exercise
In our hectic and stressful life, we unconsciously don’t listen attentively. The result is our inappropriate reaction and responses which may not be appreciated by one who is talking to you. In life, we react and behave with what we experience, by our 5 senses on what we hear, see, smell, touch, and taste. The key is we must carefully notice these experiences to create convincing, truthful and real responses to meet our objectives
The best way is to recollect and practice those real scenes of what we heard or experienced with our 5 senses
-Author and Your Acting Coach