|Becoming an actor: A beginner asking a question|
Here is the answer to a beginner on how can you be an Actor in Bollywood and TV
My simple advice is "Get professionally trained in acting craft, acting for camera and marketing and promotion of your career. Or forget about acting and actor. There are more than 2.5 Lakhs aspiring actors better than each other roaming on the roads of Mumbai and struggling, some even for 10 years!
If You Are A Beginner, Initially Better Join An Acting Coach For Personal "One On One" focused Coaching. Later, You May Join a Good School for scene practices with co-actors, networking and as a source of industry information.
Read this carefully and decide:
I wish you a good luck to be an actor, for sure!
Join me. This step today will make you a Top Actor tomorrow!
1. Website page for fees, courses, duration, syllabus, registration rules etc
2. Main page
3. Emails for communication
Salient Features of My Personal and Professional Coaching
1. The coaching is NOT based on a typical school system where students are taught in a bunch of 20 or 30 with a common syllabus for all. A school may not be in certain situations, concerned about whether a student who completes a course gets a break in films or serial or in commercial ads.
An actor is an artist who masters a highly sensitive craft based on an individual's emotional and attitude built up and therefore there cannot be a common syllabus. As per the survey, the failure percentage of actors passing out of schools in India is 82% (CAA survey).
2. I design a career plan and syllabus based on an individual after weighing the strengths and weaknesses by auditions and by interviews before a candidate joins me.
3. The learning journey of a candidate starts with understanding the "Game" of acting and how can you become a star in Bollywood and TV serials. It continues with types of actors, mastering techniques, camera acting, how to win auditions etc.. Finally leading to the most needed strategy development of how to market and promote yourself to get sure entry into Films, TV serials, commercial ads and print media.
4. A hand-picked list of casting directors and coordinators is provided
5. Suitable candidates get a break in our own short films.
6. The coaching sessions are taken 2 to 3 days a week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 2 PM to 5 PM for 5 weeks.
7. We can train you on Bollywood conversational Hindi and Urdu
1. You can be registered for a particular course only if you apply ONE MONTH in advance
2. Selection is based on an audition to assess whether you have any inborn talent or not
3. Full amount for a selected course has to be paid at the time of registration. Regret, there is no advance, installment or EMI system
4. No phone calls or a direct visit to my residence. Communication is ONLY THROUGH Email
5. However, you can visit me without registration, with a prior appointment only for a consultation to assess your chances to be a successful actor, my courses, syllabus and for answers to any of your other queries. The consultation charges are Rs. 1500 to be paid to my bank account (will be sent to you by email once you agree) before taking an appointment for the consultation.
Good News- If you decide to register yourself for any of my courses, this Rs. 1500 will be adjusted in the registration fee for a course
Courses and fees
1. *'The 'Elite Course' +
(Recommended to those who want to be the best actor, an International and Bollywood Star. Nothing else!)
⦁ Do you have an ambitious dream?
⦁ Want to be sure to be an expert in the acting craft?
⦁ And need all the notes and "an excellence certificate from 'A Master Coach'?
⦁ Then go...Go...Go for this course!
1. A SWOT analysis of you to assess your capabilities and chances of success
2. An exhaustive and personalized syllabus designed especially for you
3. A practice of all the techniques, emotions, attitudes, acting for camera and other aspects till you are perfect
4. Creation of your website and its online promotion
5. Creating and filming a monolog for you and promoting online OR creating and filming a video interview and promoting
6. Goal setting
7. Long Term Support
Absolutely on individual and personal 'on one on one' basis for a total of about 25 hours spread over 5 to 7 weeks, 2 to 3 times a week in the afternoon.
A. Learning International, acting techniques like Stanislavsky, Michael Chekhov, and Alexander techniques
B. Focused acting instrument development like finer aspects of body and mental health
C. Elaborate camera scene acting
D. Personal S.W.O.T. Analysis (your strength, weaknesses, opportunity analysis)
E. Writing, rehearsing a monolog suited to your profile, making a video film of monolog and its International promotion through the internet
F. Goal Setting-Career and life
G. A detailed marketing and promotional plan
H. Long-term support
2. The Fast Track 'Focused Group Course'
Either one on one or in a group of 1 or 3 aspiring actors for a total of 30 hours spread over 4 to 5 weeks, 2 to 3 days in a week in the afternoon.
3. Chance in a Film
* To give you a chance in a film, we can make a short film of 10 to 15 minutes, at a reasonable cost to you. This will be promoted online Internationally on YouTube and on our websites and blog
C 12, New Natraj, Pestom Sagar, Road # 6,
Ghatkopar East, Mumbai 400089, INDIA
NOTE: Outstation candidates will have to make their own arrangements for a stay.
So, are you ready to be a great actor?