|The launch of Tata Sky's 'Acting Adda|
Caution Before You Dream To Be A Film Star
- Don't Jump Into Sea Without Learning Swimming. You Will Drown
- Learn Acting And Understand Film Industry
- It Takes Many Years Of Struggle, Money and PatienceTo Be a Bollywood Star
- Start To Be An actor, First
Ajay Devgn (One of the top Bollywood actor-producer) says aspiring actors should be passionate about the craft and not chase stardom.
"Whenever we go to small towns and interact with people they say they have wished to act since childhood and ask how one can go about it. But I question them, 'Do you want to be a star or an actor?'
"Some say they want to be a star and I feel they can't do anything. If you are interested in acting, you've to learn it. Only then you will become a star," Ajay said.
The actor was speaking at the launch of Tata Sky's 'Acting Adda', an initiative app by actor Suniel Shetty and casting director Mukesh Chhabra.
|Bollywood stars and producers, Ajay Devgn and Suniel Shetty|
Ajay said aspiring actors do not have a platform to showcase their talent and the initiative will give them a stage.
Suniel said many people come in the industry with dreams but often quit in the middle due to lack of opportunities. There is no money required to be in this profession.
- *The example is this blog where an aspiring actor can read posts and practice them at home.
- Headshots pictures can be taken with mobile camera
- A free website of an actor can be created and promoted online
- The profile can be registered, posted and audition information can be found on many on the website like bollywoodhunts,com
"It is hard work but the only thing which is required here is talent... There are so many who want to learn acting but very few to teach them," he said.
Chhabra (*A leading casting director) said through the platform they can provide new talent to the industry.
"We will search for new actors through this platform and bring them to the industry. Every director today wants new actors so through this platform we will groom new talent and give them more work," he said.
* added by us