|Journey to stardom: Super Star Akshay Kumar|
Frequently asked questions by aspiring actors who are just dreamers, ignorant, with false self-image, fooled by friends and social media they can be stars, poorly educated, average or poor body and unaware of realities, finances and years required
1. I want to be an actor
2. I want to be Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan
3. I want to be an actor in TV serials
4. Help me to be an actor
5. Hi, make me an actor
6. Though I have no experience, I can be a good actor. Give me a role in your film
7. I'm from a middle-class/poor family and want to be an actor
8. My passion is to be an actor. Help
9. I want to be an actor. Please contact me at 8498225249
10. How soon can I be an actor
Learn From The Incredible Struggle Story Of Bollywood Star Akshay Kumar
Date of Birth -
9 September 1967, Amritsar, Punjab, India
Birth Name -
Rajiv Hari Om-Bhatia
Akki , Khiladi , Action Hero of Bollywood
6' 1" (1.85 m)
Spouse - Twinkle Khanna(Married on January 14, 2001) 1 child Araav [born on September 15, 2002]
Years active "1991 – present"(15 years)
Film Debut/ Career - From- Saugandh(1991) Akshay Kumar, Rakhee Gulzar To-Namaste England (2016) Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha;
Housefull 3 (2016) Akshay Kumar, Jacquline
Akshay Kumar was born as Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia on the 9th September 1967 in Amritsar to a middle-class Punjabi household.His father was a government worker. He grew up in Delhi and later in Mumbai’s Koliwada area. He did his schooling at the Don Bosco School and his college years were spent in Khalsa College, where he took an interest in sports. As a teenager he wanted to master martial arts, but as his didn't allow. Later he went to Bangkok for Martial Arts training.
The Struggle To Stardom
- Once there (Bangkok) he lived with his uncle. His uncle got his job at Metro Guest House where his first salary was, just Rs 1,500. He studied martial arts in Bangkok while working as a chef/waiter.
- He even worked in Kolkata for a travel agency for a year and a half. At this time one of his friends suggested modeling. Although he must have laughed at the very word for the first time, he surely gave a thought...his first salary for modeling is Rs 4000. After his successful start as a model, he changed his name from Rajeev Om Bhatia to Akshay Kumar.
- After modeling, a friend suggested to Akshay should join films.
- Since his family was not connected with films and he did not know anyone from the industry, he pursued hard and managed to become an assistant to Jayesh Sheth in order to meet people from the film profession.
- After working with him for eight months, instead of remuneration, Akshay asked Jayesh Sheth (photographer) to shoot his portfolio.
- Akshay began dropping his photos in producer´s offices. At first, Akshay could not really afford it so he used to ask for his photos to be returned. Most of the times he never got his photos back. So he made giant sized prints. At least no one could say they had been displaced!
- The large prints worked in Akshay's favor and he immediately got his first film. Although he had to struggle for survival for many years before he entered films.
Akshay will never forget "Khiladi" because it was his first hit. Like everything else in his life, "Khiladi" own his own.
"In Akshay words - I remember one incident that took place after the film was released.
A beggar came up to my car at the traffic signal, tapped on the window and ask for ten rupees. "Why ten rupees?" I ask him. He said: Sir, aapki picture dekhni hai" (comment of the writer: Sir, I want to watch your movie). I liked his style of begging! So I gave him fifteen rupees and told him to eat "samosas" in the interval too."
Finally, he mentions - After many years of success and failure, I have learned a lot. Today, the most important people in my life are my parents. Over the years I have learned that friends come and go. Only your parents & Family love you unconditional. Source:
Lessons From The Struggle Story
- Meeting Requirements For A Good Actor- Good Body Plus Acting Techniques
- Ability To Struggle For Many Years
- Ability To Withstand Financial Insecurity
- Ability To Face Rejections And Disappointments