Dawnn Lewis. Excellent. A fast-paced balls-to-the-wall sci-fi/fantasy thriller, showcasing a dark side to our beloved characters.
- With an alien parasite inside of her, Maggie goes on a rampage through the city. And she’s leaving death and destruction everywhere, while the Sliders give chase.
- It’s a story you’ve seen before but the SLIDERS version tells it well, zipping along and adding elements unique to the show.
- First, it is revealed that finding the symbiote/parasite might help the world they are on, and put an end to it’s forced organ donor programme.
- Second, the three core Sliders debate among themselves about whether to stay on this world to find/help Maggie if the timer runs out. This is a fascinating and dark discussion, of a type that would never have happened if the Professor were still alive. The show and the characters have evolved. And gotten more grim.
- And I must say - much as I enjoy the earlier, cosier version of the show - this is a great development moving forward. Perfect example: that downbeat ending. Damn.