I’m making some progress on my Buffy/Angel rewatch and yet that doesn’t quite feel like progress. Enough to keep me occupied I did take a look at LA’s Finest which was fun, Filthy Rich which was sadly not. Onward…
- French Open (Tennis/NBC) – Looks like this is mostly on Tennis channel for serious fans but picks up on NBC for the semis 10/9.
- Whose Vote Counts (Net) Series Premiere, Monday 9/28 – Reality spotlight on an explanation of things like the electoral college and gerrymandering, ’tis the season.
- Presidential Debate (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC) – Tuesday 9/29, 6pm – I’m not sure I can take it…
- Code 404 (Pea) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1 – One of two partners in an elite police unit dies and is brought back to life via AI in this new comedy.
- Gangs of London (AMC+) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1 – Tells the story of a city being torn apart by power struggles and the vacuum following the death of the head of a crime family, early reviews are mixed.
- The Salisbury Poisonings (AMC+) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1 – A dramatic miniseries telling of the investigation into the release of a toxic nerve agent.
- Good Morning, Veronica (Net) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1 – This Brazilian mystery has a copy uncovering secrets and conspiracy.
- Octoberfest: Beer & Blood (Net) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1 – This German TV show follows an ambitious brewer in the 1900s who tries to dominate Octoberfest.
- Death in Paradise (Ova) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1, 1-11pm – Airing of the British detective series where the detective assigned to solve a murder of an officer on an island is assigned to replace him.
- Criptales (BBCA) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/1, 10pm – A collection of six short films written, directed, and performed by a person with disabilities.
- Emily in Paris (Net) Series Premiere, Friday 10/2 – Chicago marketing exec moves to Paris for her dream job in this latest comedy by Darren Star, no word yet but I’m hoping for a replacement to Younger which I think is rolling into its final season.
- Monsterland (Hulu) Series Premiere, Friday 10/2 – An anthology series bringing tales of mermaids, fallen angels, and other strange beasts.
- The Good Lord Bird (Show) Series Premiere, Sunday 10/4, 9pm – Ethan Hawke stars in this adaptation of the James McBride novel about a fictional enslaved boy and abolitionist soldiers.
- Cobra (PBS) Series Premiere, Sunday 10/4, 10pm – An ‘action packed’ political drama following the Prime Minister and a major crisis.
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond (AMC) Series Premiere, Sunday 10/4, 10pm – This latest spinoff of a show I don’t watch anymore but if you’re craving more here it is.
- Soulmates (AMC) Series Premiere, Monday 10/5, 10pm – Set fifteen years into the future a test tells you who your soulmate is and this dramatic anthology follows the impact.
- neXt (Fox) Series Premiere, Tuesday 10/6, 9pm – The creator of an AI teams up with cybercrime to save us all from it.
- To the Lake (Net) Series Premiere, Wednesday 10/7 – This Russian TV show takes us to a terrifying plague, in case anyone needed that.
- Devils (CW) Series Premiere, Wednesday 10/7, 8pm – An intercontinental financial war with Patrick Dempsey.
- Connecting (NBC) Series Premiere, Thursday 10/8, 8pm – Here’s the one that’s video calls during the lockdown.
- The Right Stuff (Dis+) Series Premiere, Friday 10/9 – The story of the early US space program based on the book by Tom Wolfe.
Returning streaming: Carmen Sandiego (Net, 10/1), The Worst Witch (Net, 101), Fast & Furious Spy Racers (Net, 10/9), Ghostwriter (App+, 10/9), The Haunting of: Bly Manor (Net, 10/9).
The procrastinator lists mostly scripted items that may not be on your regular season pass, though notation does not imply recommendation. Times noted are typically PST.