Happy 2018 everyone! (I know I’m a day late but I needed the time off)
A new year is upon us and with a new year comes so many new movies to look forward to. I thought I would list the movies I’m looking forward to in the first half of 2018. So without further ado here we go!
- Black Panther (February 16th, 2018): This movie looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I never did get around to watching Thor: Ragnarok ($$ had something to do with it) but I will not pass up the opportunity to watch Black Panther, especially since it’s coming a few months out from Avengers: Infinity War (more on that in a little bit). I fully expect this movie to blow me away.
- Annihilation (February 23rd, 2018): Another gorgeous looking film, and since it comes from the director responsible for Ex Machina I’m expecting very great things from this film.
- Pacific Rim: Uprising (March 23rd, 2018): I wasn’t going to see this movie until I saw the trailer and I’m hoping it’s as awesome as it looks. It’s really towards the bottom of the list of films I’m looking forward to, but as long as it entertains me, I’m okay with that.
- Red Sparrow (March 2nd, 2018): It looks like a really good film, and it has Jennifer Lawrence (also I like spy films).
- Ready Player One (March 30th, 2018): Oh please don’t let Spielberg have screwed this up!! On the one hand everything looks amazing but based on some things I’ve seen in the latest trailer I can already see some details have been changed around (for one, the movie apparently starts in Columbus, OH instead of Parzival moving there later on). I need this to be a good film, hopefully I am not disappointed.
- Avengers: Infinity War (May 4th, 2018): This is going to be one of those can’t-miss films, considering it’s the culmination of a story that began with Iron Man all the way back in 2008. I fully expect a cathartic experience like no other (though I still suspect that they’re going to “kill” several major characters and then bring them back via the Infinity Stones, “wibbly wobbly timey wimey” stuff and all that).
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018): I hate to say this, but the only reason I’ve put this film on the list is because it’s a Star Wars film. I don’t feel good about this film at all (not to mention we’re five months out from release and we haven’t gotten even a teaser trailer. Keep in mind, we got the first Rogue One teaser a YEAR out). I could be proven wrong, but at this point I’m betting Solo: A Star Wars Story is the first flop since Disney took over Star Wars.
- The Incredibles 2 (June 15th, 2018): This is one of those rare times that I’m happy a sequel is coming, because let’s face it, we’ve wanted an Incredibles sequel since the first film came out! I can’t wait to see what happens, not to mention how the family deals with Jack-Jack having powers now.
And those are the movies I’m looking forward to in the first half of 2018. What films are you looking forward to seeing now that the new year is here? Let me know in the comments below
Don’t forget to like Film Music Central on Facebook
This post first appeared on Film Music Central | A Place To Talk About All Things Film Music, please read the originial post: here