We've made it to the end of the month! I don't know about "having turned a corner" (hopefully a few days from now that phrase may be more fitting), but there's at least time for Halloween. While heading out to packed horror screenings is not quite as appropriate this year, this week's releases and what I've covered certainly makes up for it to some degree.
This week has a few horror options (Come Play, His House, Bad Hair), along with some solid indies I covered as a part of some virtual film festivals (Eyimofe, Waikiki). We've also reached the end our October horror-themed bonuses on the podcast with our commentary track for Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Additionally, there are more podcasts we put together, including our episode covering The Witches, Borat, a director interview, and more. Finally, there are my various essays lists, and new trailers to dig into as well. Enjoy, stay safe out there, and thanks for reading!
(All Reviews Are Linked)
- Every Review Throughout The Year(s)
New Films In Theaters:
- The Personal History of David Copperfield
New Films Now Streaming:
- On The Rocks - on AppleTV+
- The Wolf of Snow Hollow - on VOD
- Love And Monsters - on VOD
- Antebellum - on VOD
- Mulan - Disney+
- An American Pickle - HBO Max
- Bill and Ted Face the Music - on VOD
- Greyhound - AppleTV+
- The Old Guard - Netflix
- Palm Springs - Hulu
- First Cow - on VOD
- Da 5 Bloods - Netflix
New On 4K/Blu-ray/DVD:
- Out Now 424: Borat, Witches, Hubie & Synchronic - Aaron and Abe are joined by the Edge Media Network’s Kevin Taft to discuss Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, The Witches, Hubie Halloween, and Synchronic.
- Out Now Commentary - Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960) - Aaron is joined by Brandon Peters, Jason Coleman, and Yancy Berns to discuss the Alfred Hitchcock classic, Psycho.
- Out Now Bonus - Synchronic Interview with Directors Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead
- Horror Special - Giallo & Italian Horror - For this special, JoBlo's Jimmy O, Flicks For Fans' Jason Coleman, and The Brandon Peters Show's Brandon Peters join Aaron and Abe to discuss Giallo films (aka stylish Italian mystery thrillers) along with Italian horror films.
- Horror Special - Arachnophobia - 30th Anniversary - For this special, Aaron is joined by Professor Mike Dillon and the lovely Ana Bosch to talk all about the horror-comedy Arachnophobia in honor of the Frank Marshall-directed film’s 30th anniversary.
- Horror Special - Friday the 13th - 40th Anniversary - For this special, the guys focus on Friday the 13th in honor of the film’s 40th anniversary. JoBlo's Jimmy O, Flicks For Fans' Jason Coleman, and The Brandon Peters Show's Brandon Peters join Aaron to discuss the origins of direct Sean S. Cunningham’s genre favorite.
- Horror Special - Diversity In Horror - JoBlo's Jimmy O, Flicks For Fans' Jason Coleman, and The Brandon Peters Show's Brandon Peters join Aaron and Abe to discuss what it means to see the horror genre embrace evolution in the people in front of and behind the camera.
- All Episodes
Trailers & Other Articles Of Note:
- Midnight Sky - George Clooney directs a sci-fi/space drama
- News of the World - Tom Hanks stars in a prestige western
- Freaky - Vince Vaughn in a body swap slasher movie
- Halloween Kills - Delayed until next year
- Stardust - A David Bowie biopic
- Songbird - A thriller shot during the pandemic, about the pandemic
- The White Tiger
- The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
- The Top 100 Films of the Decade (2010 - 2019)
- January Criterion Releases
- Godzilla Singular Point
- Godzilla Is Getting Closer
- Godzilla Criterion Box Set Announcement
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters Podcast
- Destroy All Monsters Discussion
- All Monsters Attack Discussion
- The Walking Dead
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond