It’s no secret that Nintendo have had a tough job of it over the last few years with the Wii U but now we can see for sure just how they fared against competitors Sony and Microsoft. With the recent release of the Nintendo Switch console and the 3DS still performing admirably, it’s predicted that Switch sales will inject growth within the market and in turn Nintendo’s market share will increase, understandably.
Below are graphs that were produced along side a report from IHS Markit which show the stark sales differences between the three companies between the year 2015 and now.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the figures:
- 3DS is responsible for $2.6 billion of market value or 8 percent share of the market
- Overall console hardware, software, and services market is expected to grow 4.1 percent to $36.2 billion in 2017
- The Switch and growing digital business for all companies is expected to drive the turnaround
- Nintendo’s consoles held 5 percent share of the digital games content business on consoles in 2016 at $397 million
- This decline will slow in 2017 as digital spending increases due to Switch
Source / Via
Filed under: 3DS, Nintendo, Switch, Wii U Tagged: 3DS, Nintendo, nintendo 3ds, Nintendo News, nintendo switch, Nintendo Switch news, nintendo wii u, wii u
This post first appeared on My Nintendo News – NX, Wii U And Nintendo 3DS News, please read the originial post: here