New Delhi, News24 Bureau, Jan 28
: Wife of Prashant Natt, accused in Bulandshahar violence case arrested on 27 December has come out with a big allegation. She alleges that the mobile phone of Inspector Subodh Kumar which was seized from their home yesterday was kept there by the police team itself which had come to search the place.
However, Prashant's wife Sonam has alleged that Subodh Kumar's phone was not present at their house.
"Police came to us saying they have a search warrant. They asked which room is Prashant's. Two cops went in and kept a phone on the dressing table there. When we said it isn't ours, they told us to shut up. Police had brought the phone along with themselves," alleged Mrs Sonam Natt.
The Uttar Pradesh police had on Sunday reportedly recovered the mobile phone of Subodh Kumar from the house of Prashant Natt.
But the police have another story to tell. Atul Srivastav, Superintendent of Police City, said: "As per information received from sources, an operation was conducted to recover the mobile of the deceased policeman Subodh Kumar. His phone was recovered from the main accused Prashant Natt's house."
The search for the pistol is underway, he added.
Inspector Kumar was killed on December 3, 2018, in violence that flared up after the carcass of cattle was apparently found in a forest close to a police post in Uttar Pradesh.
Kumar was wounded and later died. A postmortem report had found that the policeman had died of a bullet wound below his left eyebrow.
One of the prime accused in the case, BJP's Yuva Morcha leader Shikhar Agarwal was arrested by the police from Hapur on January 10.
So far over 35 people, including Prashant Natt, have been arrested in connection with the violence.
The police say that Natt has confessed to his crime. Further details are awaited.