New Delhi, Aug 25, News24 Bureau:
Shah Rukh Khan’s family is known to everyone, but very few people know about his elder sister Shehnaz Lalarukh Khan. Shah Rukh and her sister share a special bond and on the eve of the biggest festival of brothers and sisters, it is only apt to know about them. very less is known about her sister but we have tried to collect information from various sources to tell you more and more about the duo.
1. She stays with him but we rarely get to see. she maintains a very low profile and lives a simple life.
2. Shehnaz Khan is 6 years elder to Shah Rukh Khan i.e. 58 years.
3. She was very close to her father and his death left her in shock. Post this tragic death of her father due to cancer, she started falling ill quite often.
4. Due to her deteriorating health, Shah Rukh Khan decided to take care of his elder sister. But, it is said that she was dealing with stress, after her father’s demise. And she was taken to Switzerland for treatment for 2 years.
5. She likes to live a simple life, which is away from media. In spite of her brother’s stardom, she manages to keep herself away from all this. But has always stood by Shah Rukh Khan in every kind of situation.
Shahrukh was once quoted saying:“Shehnaz is very naive and sweet. In bringing up my sister and me, my parents never made any difference, though I think my sister was closer to my parents because she is six years older to me. She was very spoilt and pampered. I've grown in her shadow, as she was the older child in the house. I'd look up to her. I see distinct traits of my father and mother in Shehnaz. She has her fits of anger. She is my only connection to my parents. I see my father and mother in her. So I keep telling her, ‘You are just like mummy’. My sister was an outgoing person earlier, but she has become very quiet and reticent after our parents’ demise”.