Bay leaves, Laurus nobilis, an evergreen tree of the Lauraceae family originating in North Africa has a dark grey trunk and matte green leaves which have a very recognizable and particular aroma.
The bay leaves are used traditionally in many recipes, as well as important ancient cultures such as the Greeks and Romans who valued and appreciated the medicinal properties of the bay.
In this article we tell you about the active principles of bay leaves, including the effects and health benefits of their uses, as well as some home remedies with bay leaves and its essential oil.
Health benefits of bay leaves
– The infused leaves have an energizing effect on the stomach
– The bay leaf is a natural remedy for lice and nits.
– Steam baths are helpful for conditions affecting the airways.
– It prevents and relieves cases of heartburn and sourness.
– Bay leaves is a natural remedy for stimulating blood circulation.
– It fights skin infections with wounds, sores, burns.
– Helps to eliminate mucus accumulated during flu, colds, bronchitis, etc.
– Bay leaves is a natural remedy for dandruff.
– Reduces inflammation from bumps, arthritis. By applying essential oil of laurel mixed with a base oil and massaging the area.
– Bay leaves help regulate menstruation.
– Relieves rheumatic pain.
– The bay leaves help to digest food well and prevent the formation of stomach gas.
– Relieve muscle pain by applying poultices to the area or massaging with essential oil of bay leaves mixed with a base oil.
– Eliminates excess liquids and fights retention with an infusion of bay leaves.
Bay leaves uses for home remedies
Fatigue and Anxiety
To benefit from the soothing effect of bay leaves in 10 minutes, simply burn a few leaves of this herb in a suitable container. The bay leaves must be dry, so they will burn easily and without additional help.
After just a few minutes, the soothing aroma will fill the room. It works great for reducing stress and tension, relaxing muscles and filling your spirit with peace.
Bay leaves for swelling and pain:
for pain and inflammation relief in cases of arthritis or injury let’s mix 100 ml of a base oil (can be sweet almond, argan, olive, coconut, etc.) with 35 drops of essential oil of bay leaves. Rub the affected area between one and three times a day.
Bay leaves for flu, congestion and mucus:
Bring 300 ml of water to a boil, then when it boils, remove from the heat and add 6 bay leaves or 5 drops of essential oil of laurel. Put the face on top of this bowl and place a towel over it covering the head and bowl for 20 minutes to create an enclosed space and make vapours.
Bay leaves for dandruff, lice and oily scalp:
Prepare an infusion with 10 bay leaves and a half liter of water. Add water to a saucepan to heat and when it comes to a boil, put the bay leaves in it. Cover and remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 30 minutes. When it is at room temperature strain it and apply it to the scalp giving a brief massage. You can apply it several times a day.
Be sure before anything can catch fire near where you are burning the bay leaves.
The post The incredible health benefits of bay leaves and their uses appeared first on Hiit Workout.