Swansea University Scholarship is offering up to sixteen fully funded scholarships for full time doctoral study on a Swansea University single award degree, commencing in October 2019, supported by its flagship Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships Scheme (SURES). Seven academic Colleges/Schools are participating in the scheme through 33 individual projects.
Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships include fees at Home/EU rate and a maintenance stipend at UKRI rates, each for a maximum period of three years.
The award of a scholarship is conditional upon the recipient achieving either a first Class Honours Degree and/or a distinction at Masters’ level.
Swansea University Scholarship Details
- Course Level: Fellowship are available to study the Doctor Study program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is available to study Bioscience (Geography, Chemistry),(Computer Science/Mathematics), Physics.
- Scholarship Award: In addition, the sum of up to £1,000 per annum is available to support immersive training experiences, engagement with industry, international collaborative opportunities and cohort building.
- Nationality: The Fellowship is available to international students.
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- To be taken in the United Kingdom
- Application Deadline: January 4, 2019
Each scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus an annual stipend at the UKRI rate (to be confirmed for 2019/20) for three years. The current 2018/19 stipend is £14,777 per annum.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is available to international students. Due to funding restrictions, the scholarships are available to UK/EU students only. Applicants liable for overseas fees are not eligible to apply.
To be eligible for Swansea University Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants should have (or expect to obtain) a first class honours degree (or equivalent) and/or distinction at Masters.
- Applicants, who are yet to complete their qualification, should attach transcripts to evidence their progress towards achieving either a first class honours degree or a distinction at Masters.
- Where applicants have multiple standalone Master’s Degrees, a distinction must be achieved in that most relevant to their intended doctoral degree.
- Applicants who hold degrees from a non-UK University should attach academic transcripts and certificates.
Application Process for Swansea University Scholarship
All applications must include a structured research proposal for the chosen project. Applications submitted without a research proposal will not be considered.
How To Apply:
Visit Swansea University Scholarship official website here and complete your application form.
All applications must be accompanied by a structured research proposal, to include the following sections:
- Project Title
- Aims and Objectives
- Literature Review
- Research Methodology
- Expected Outcomes
Important Note for all Applicants:
- Research proposals should be a maximum of 2,000 words, in addition to a bibliography.
- Applicants should be careful to select the appropriate scholarship code (e.g. SURESCOS01, SURESENG02) on page 3 of the online application form.
For enquiry and more information, please contact Dr Vivienne Jenkins ([email protected]).
The post Fully-Funded Doctoral Scholarship at Swansea University, UK, 2019 appeared first on TopJist.